cpwigan's ban (split thread)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Fujiman

cpwigan's ban (split thread)

Post by Fujiman »

gpartin wrote:
FROM A TO B wrote:This is something the fact that Mike needs to answer (I was not made aware of any bans)
you should have gone on RLfans mate, Medlocke would have told you.
I mised that as well Gaz :o And I've just been to specsavers as well :D
THE 18th Man

cpwigan's ban

Post by THE 18th Man »

maybe the whole site should be invloved in banning through a voting system or next time maybe ALL the mods can have a say on it instead of one mod and the site owner
gpartin

Re: Wigan 16 Warrington 23

Post by gpartin »

THE 18th Man wrote:maybe the whole site should be invloved in banning through a voting system or next time maybe ALL the mods can have a say on it instead of one mod and the site owner
or we could have an eviction night like on Big brother, vote out your least favourite person so we can all boo as they go :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

pedro

Post by pedro »

gp you a mod? so thats 2 mods who didnt have a meeting.

smells like a load of **** to me
pedro

Post by pedro »

DaveO wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Personally if CP has been banned then certain mod needs to stand aside also
It was Mike, the site owner, who instigated the ban. He asked the opinion of other mods about it first but had come to the conclusion the personal comments in many of CP's posts were driving people away from the site (in a nutshell) as traffic was down. CP was informed by email of this decision when he was banned by Mike but has taken to posing as someone else to get back on the site. Make of that what you will.

I am sure will will see another "new" member arrive soon.

Dave
maybe Mike should have asked other members instead of the mods, as CP was respected enough to be a mod wasnt he?

CP was the most active person on here as far as I could see and was always on. Its things like this that have driven me to RLFans and away from here. CP couldnt as he was banned off there from the clique that looms like forming on here.

I had my disagreement s with CV but that is the point of a forum. He had his point of view and argued it well like DaveO does but 1 gets banned but the other doesnt.....childish and uncalled for
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
gpartin wrote:
DaveO wrote: It was Mike, the site owner, who instigated the ban. He asked the opinion of other mods about it first but had come to the conclusion the personal comments in many of CP's posts were driving people away from the site (in a nutshell) as traffic was down. CP was informed by email of this decision when he was banned by Mike but has taken to posing as someone else to get back on the site. Make of that what you will.

Dave
lets hope so it'll be pretty one sided if everyone who disagrees with some of the tripe you spout gets banned.
Oh well who's your favourite player gaz?
Feka, I hope he does really well at Crusaders next year.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

pedro wrote:
DaveO wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Personally if CP has been banned then certain mod needs to stand aside also
It was Mike, the site owner, who instigated the ban. He asked the opinion of other mods about it first but had come to the conclusion the personal comments in many of CP's posts were driving people away from the site (in a nutshell) as traffic was down. CP was informed by email of this decision when he was banned by Mike but has taken to posing as someone else to get back on the site. Make of that what you will.

Dave
maybe Mike should have asked other members instead of the mods, as CP was respected enough to be a mod wasnt he?

CP was the most active person on here as far as I could see and was always on. Its things like this that have driven me to RLFans and away from here. CP couldnt as he was banned off there from the clique that looms like forming on here.

I had my disagreement s with CV but that is the point of a forum. He had his point of view and argued it well like DaveO does but 1 gets banned but the other doesnt.....childish and uncalled for
my point precisely. Also Would be interesting to know which mods were invited to this strictly invitation only affair.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

end of the day it is Mike's site and his word is final. Perhaps a grey area is that mods have different tolerances so perhaps, as appointed prefects, discuss via PM's alot more than current before anything/one is banned or deleted etc...

Warrington I feel will lose to Hull FC and Saints... both us and warrington have similar run ins (x2 hulls) they have saints we have leeds.

Warrington are a good side dont forget and as annoying as it may be, Briers is that Sinfield type who wastes time and does enough to get the game done... ie drop goal... running backwards etc... I feel Wigan dont have that sort of character in our squad. Would tomkins be 'a dick' as you say like briers, sinfield, long...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Nothing to do with any of his opinions, many of which I agreed with. Personal insults, though, are another thing entirely, and he seemed incapable of debating without resorting to them.

Eceryone is entitled to their own opinions, indeed it would be a very boring place if we all agreed about everything, but that's no reason to belittle anyone who disagrees with you, which cp did on far too many occasions.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

insult = 'Dave you know nothing about rugby' in response to a post by dave where he demonstrates he knows nothing about rugby. How do these people talk to their mates? My best mate Adrian would have me in tears every time I saw him if thats an insult.