WILLIE MASON HAS NO CLUB FOR NEXT YEAR

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

WILLIE MASON HAS NO CLUB FOR NEXT YEAR

Post by ddtftf »

Just watching a game from Aus and the comentater said that Willie Mason has no team for next year, is he the enforcer prop we are looking for? I would add that in the game I watched, he was back to his devastating best blasting forwards out of the way and off loading the ball.
Sutty

Re: WILLIE MASON HAS NO CLUB FOR NEXT YEAR

Post by Sutty »

I think he is good enough and is exactly the type of prop we would love to have. Unfortunately, he's also a self righteous individual who is just out to get as much as he can and doesn't care one iota about who he tramples on. If he was a good character, he'd have clubs queuing up to sign him for next season.
Personally, I think we should steer clear.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sutty wrote:I think he is good enough and is exactly the type of prop we would love to have. Unfortunately, he's also a self righteous individual who is just out to get as much as he can and doesn't care one iota about who he tramples on. If he was a good character, he'd have clubs queuing up to sign him for next season.
Personally, I think we should steer clear.
Me too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Hull Daily Mail headline: Rovers front queue to sign Mason. So we can probably rule them out :-)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Good player - not person. Think that he is quite disruptive an influence.

If his attitude wasn't a problem he wouldn't have changed clubs so often and wouldn't be available for next season.

Think that we should avoid
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I dont suppose Fielden would be too happy if we did sign him.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

old hooker wrote:I dont suppose Fielden would be too happy if we did sign him.
I doubt Fielden would be bothered at all if we signed him, I get the impression that he's (Fielden) far too professional for that.
Mason, on the other hand, I can imagine spouting off about it etc. He just gives that sort of impression imo.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Willie is not the player he once was. Big name though and could help a Welsh or London club perhaps. Catalans even.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

Good!

hope we dont go for him cant stand him, also we dont want players like peacock being able to flatten our forwards as he did with mason
pedro

Post by pedro »

We nearly went for him before until Wayne Bennett told IL to stay clear as he gets all the advise down under from him.