Wigan v leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Wigan v leeds

Post by ancientnloyal »

Gutted we should have put the game to bed. Missed deacons kicking leuluai was below par with that. Poor mcguire and his injury eh... Not cheating idiot pulling back carmont. Referee and linesman were a joke cudnt decide on what to give
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Matthew

Re: Wigan v leeds

Post by Matthew »

Very disappointing - we just went to sleep and only woke up whenever the whinos scored. Countless whiners could have been sent to the bin including whiner-in-chief sinfield. It is really like listening to a spoilt toddler who badly needs nap time.

Alibert was poor for both sides - however someone should definitely explain the offside at marker rule until he understands it.

Couple of our players were poor tonight - especially at giving away silly needless penalties. That was one of Joel's worst performances in Wigan colours. Prescott too didn't play very well.

On the positive, I thought Fielden had a really good game and most of the backs were there or there abouts.

As for mcguire - here's hoping that's his season is over. He clearly hit Joel with an elbow prompting Joel's brain explosion. And the foul on Carmont at the end should have seen him yellow carded; stretcher or not.

Lastly, cry baby mcclenan should be made to explain his comments in the post match interview - where he demanded an inquest into how his beloved mcguire got hurt; insinuating that a Wigan player had hit him in back play. He really is beneath contempt.

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

if ever I commit a crime I hope that either brian mclennan or arsene webber are the only witness. mclennan is a disgrace three times now he has had his eyes painted on. ablett on Sam, Bailey on radford and now this. he should publicly apologise the c*#k head!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Lost my voice, apparent embarassed my good lady scrweaming like a lout :o However, what a joke RL is;

Classic spear tackle on report no red by a man who is either completely clueless or on somebody's payroll. We should have been playing 13 v 12 for most of that match.

The last minutes, Burrows voluntary tackle = a penalty and then end what blatant cheating. Mind you why not cheat when the referees does nothing repeatedly.

So peed off frustrated annoyed

Fielden was immense IMO. Hansen looked good in that little spell but losing Deacon screwed us up.

Arggggghhhh as Mick Morgan would say can't speak!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

There were numerous instances of foul play by leeds - fat boy ali (I can't bothered to attempt to spell his name - he's not worth it) swinging arm over the top of Joel being one of many. The spear by Buderus was bad - but we did a similar one on eastwood.

Alibert is a very weak ref - you can scratch off forward passes as he never sees them; likewise he never punishes for dissent. From the way he ref'd tonight - I suspect that he must have left his cards on the other side of the channel. However the touch judges must also bear some of the blame - quite what they are there for is anyone's guess.

Considering that that the last time we had a week off we didn't play very well the following week - maybe this will be better in the long run. When Madge was interviewed at the end (interesting that he spoke to Bill Arthur rather hairpiece and dumba$$ - maybe he doesn't like them either) it was clear a very hard week awaits the team! I would think that they would be fired up on Friday!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Our mistakes lost us the game in the end, but leeds were helped by a piss poor ref who was cueless and lost controll off the game.I am so angry i cant get type what i want too.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Wigan managed to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory yet again.Played well for most of the game but dont look like a champion side.They seem to bottle it when it really matters and to be honest leeds dont look that great which is a worry.Yes the ref was shite but Wigan just cant win when it matters.Now stains will no doubt choose wire if they win and Wigan go to leeds and fall at the last hurdle again :(
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

We lost through our own mistakes giving penalties ,dropping balls etc .
Ok ALibert was poor we had the chance and blew it ourselves .Just shows the void between Wigan and Leeds they are big game players.They have the class are a dirty side and get away with it
The refs this season have bottled it big time the dissent that is coming from ther players should not happen its time Scummings got a grip and show whose the boss on the field .
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I thought Maguier made a mistake by picking Tuson instead of Feka tonight,IMO our bench was ordinary and non of our subs were going make a massive impact on the game like Feka could have.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Feka picked up an injury during the week. He put in an appearance in the SSB before the game!