Problems with postal delivery of Grand Final tickets??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Hanley the God!

Problems with postal delivery of Grand Final tickets??

Post by Hanley the God! »

After spending until 1.00am Sunday morning on the ticketmaster/RFL website, being kicked out on numerous occasions and taken right to the back of the queue.
Then finally finding 2 tickets together (what a coup that was!) and it then taking until 4.30am Sunday morning to approve my credit card transaction, leaving me to go to bed unable to sleep wondering if indeed I had secured the tickets and if my credit card was paying for a further 60,000?! :doz:

I then get the confirmation e-mail on Sunday morning confirming that the tickets are mine, and that they'll be sent out 1st class post, and also just checked my Visa and yes the money has been credited.

But guess what?? home from work ..... still no tickets!

I've e-mailed and spoken to RFL (as ticketmaster deny all knowledge) and they've told me not to worry, cos I can collect a duplicate from the Old Trafford ticket office on Saturday.

Now that's all well and good, but the reason I went on-line was to avoid the queues (albeit I joined the cyber-queue!). And now it seems the ticket office may well see 20,000 (40,000 if you include the Stains) converging on their office just prior to KO.

Plus you'll have to provide ID, so it means taking your passport on a trip to Manchester (not good if you plan on having a few!)

Anyway rant over, I'm sure I'm paniking and they'll arrive tomorrow, but anyone else sweating like me??
exile in Tiger country

Re: Problems with postal delivery of Grand Final tickets??

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow. I ordered mine at 5:00 on Sunday morning, no queue. Arrived here in Leicestershire today.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
endoman

Post by endoman »

Still none here, also ordered on Saturday, was told to ring again on Friday if they haven't arrived and pick up on Saturday,
Joanne2809

Post by Joanne2809 »

Ordered ours about 8.30pm on Saturday, arrived today in the post !!!! Friend of ours, ordered theirs Sunday morning, and they arrived today!!! Sure they'll be with you tomorrow !!! Too excited for words !! :D :D :D :D :D
centralparkforever

Post by centralparkforever »

Hanley the God! wrote:After spending until 1.00am Sunday morning on the ticketmaster/RFL website, being kicked out on numerous occasions and taken right to the back of the queue.
Then finally finding 2 tickets together (what a coup that was!) and it then taking until 4.30am Sunday morning to approve my credit card transaction, leaving me to go to bed unable to sleep wondering if indeed I had secured the tickets and if my credit card was paying for a further 60,000?! :doz:

I then get the confirmation e-mail on Sunday morning confirming that the tickets are mine, and that they'll be sent out 1st class post, and also just checked my Visa and yes the money has been credited.

I've e-mailed and spoken to RFL (as ticketmaster deny all knowledge) and they've told me not to worry, cos I can collect a duplicate from the Old Trafford ticket office on Saturday.

Now that's all well and good, but the reason I went on-line was to avoid the queues (albeit I joined the cyber-queue!). And now it seems the ticket office may well see 20,000 (40,000 if you include the Stains) converging on their office just prior to KO.

Plus you'll have to provide ID, so it means taking your passport on a trip to Manchester (not good if you plan on having a few!)

Anyway rant over, I'm sure I'm paniking and they'll arrive tomorrow, but anyone else sweating like me??
Still have not got our 9 that i ordered on sunday afternoon. The guy said today on the phone the tickets were only printed on monday! Anyway will just have to wait until tomorrow.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Hanley the God! wrote:After spending until 1.00am Sunday morning on the ticketmaster/RFL website, being kicked out on numerous occasions and taken right to the back of the queue.

Dont get over worried i had the same issue when we played Saints in the GF a few years ago. They gave me duplicates at Old Trafford.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ordered mine Sunday, arrived today
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

ordered saturday night not come yet... don't wprry mate I am the king of paranoia surrounding tickets... i check constantly on away days right until the gate. It's a disease.

They should come tomorrow or Friday, if not by Friday afternoon then prepare for the OT colelction and ring the RFL...

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

got mine today.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
endoman

Post by endoman »

Here's hoping mine get there today, at least they have taken the money now. Collecting at OT would be a ball ache and get in the way of pre match festivities.