New Hooker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

New Hooker

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

IFL, MM & Co have been actively seeking a hooker to replace Piggy. For that to happen we will need to release Pryce, Phelp's or both as we are at the limit of the salary cap.

MM faces a crucial decision. Firstly,should he rely on Mickey and Tommy covering to No9 shirt, or do we need more strength in depth in such a pivotal position? Secondly, will Pryce and Phelps make a greater impact this year and thereby provide more competition for places in the backs?

Given the influence that Piggy had on the team compared to Pryce and Phelps it is a no brainer to me!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Re: New Hooker

Post by cpwigan »

Easy decision. Say goodbye to those two and let some youngsters take their spots whilst an extra hooker gives us lots of depth across the key playmaking positions.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Easy decision. Say goodbye to those two and let some youngsters take their spots whilst an extra hooker gives us lots of depth across the key playmaking positions.
Yep. I'm not usually in favour of signing older players, whether from overseas or SL, but in this instance we might neeed to - as pointed out elsewhere Logan probably isn't ready yet, so we've no backup if either Tommy or Micky get injured.
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

Looking at what we have for next year at 6/7/9 i think we need to bring in maybe a couple of players. if tommy is going to hooker, sam is staying at full back and deacon is retiring, that only really leaves us with finch. this also opens up the question about amos roberts, where is he going to play next year?

i personally think we should keep tommy where he is, specially after his man of the match performance in the grand final, all in all we need a new hooker
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

si_bax wrote:Looking at what we have for next year at 6/7/9 i think we need to bring in maybe a couple of players. if tommy is going to hooker, sam is staying at full back and deacon is retiring, that only really leaves us with finch. this also opens up the question about amos roberts, where is he going to play next year?

i personally think we should keep tommy where he is, specially after his man of the match performance in the grand final, all in all we need a new hooker
Deacs wont be retiring.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

si_bax wrote:Looking at what we have for next year at 6/7/9 i think we need to bring in maybe a couple of players. if tommy is going to hooker, sam is staying at full back and deacon is retiring, that only really leaves us with finch. this also opens up the question about amos roberts, where is he going to play next year?

I still see Amos back at fullback, assuming he can recreate last season's form before his injury.
ian b

Post by ian b »

GeoffN wrote:

I still see Amos back at fullback, assuming he can recreate last season's form before his injury.
Spoke to Amos last night and he said he is having a clean up on his knee on Wednesday and said he would be fine for next season.He is a talent and maybe with his pace he could play at no6?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Going off on a tangent Amos has a 17 year old cousin playing for South Sydney on the wing. Runs like the wind, scored a 100 yard effort recently. Real pace
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Going off on a tangent Amos has a 17 year old cousin playing for South Sydney on the wing. Runs like the wind, scored a 100 yard effort recently. Real pace
Doesn't he also have a nephew playing for Shevy Sharks?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »