James Graham

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
AdamMac

James Graham

Post by AdamMac »

Captain for the 4 Nations.

Unbelievable decision if you ask me, maybe Macnamara missed all his dummy spits this year and the GF.

Jimbo1990

Re: James Graham

Post by Jimbo1990 »

all i can say is hope Steve McNamara gets sacked or steps down has we wont win a thing with him in charge for me he his the worst coach we have had.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Jimbo1990 wrote:all i can say is hope Steve McNamara gets sacked or steps down has we wont win a thing with him in charge for me he his the worst coach we have had.
Totally agree Jimbo, a woefull decision to take this plank on as our national coach.
Not sure if Brian McDermott was approached, but surely he was a far better proposition than McNammarra if the post was to remain as a British coach.
Mikey800

Post by Mikey800 »

Why o why o why!! :eusa17:

I'd rather have Captain Pugwash!

If he's a suitable leader and the one people are going to look to for an example, we're screwed! His GF performance proved that.
"Well, it seemed like a good idea" he said, as the paramedics slowly lifted him into the waiting ambulance
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

This decision just sums up McBanana's impaired judgment IMO.

How the hell can Graham inspire anyone when he effs and jeffs and throws his toys out the pram if things don't go his way?

Reminds me of the kid in school who always got to be captain because it was his ball. First thing didn't go his way and “Give me my ball. I'm going home!” :blush:
Jimbo1990

Post by Jimbo1990 »

How much you rekon James Graham has paid Steve McNamara to be england captain what did he do at the grand final or what has he done all season to be an inspiration to the england team.

Sean O'Loughlin did Wigan proud in the grand final and in a good team has wigan is(not being biased)a good team dont need a captain has all good teams lead on the field.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I don't think that England will go very far in the next few weeks, we're set to be humiliated with simply the selection of players Mcnamara has taken... he jumped ship at Bradford which was sinking since Noble left and now to appoint Graham as our captain is a woeful decision. Graham is a superb player but England Captain? no. Give it to Ellis or O'Loughlin!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jimbo1990 wrote:all i can say is hope Steve McNamara gets sacked or steps down has we wont win a thing with him in charge for me he his the worst coach we have had.
Have to agree with you there, my feelings exactly when they first announced McNamara as England coach. Pathetic choice would sooner have either John Kear or Brian McDermott & that's saying something!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Kear? It'd be like watching paint dry.. oh wait a minute...

McDermott has a lot of passion about him. Enjoyed his interview with SKY about leaving Harlequins talking of calling his colleagues as 'men' which was nice to see. A gent and professional.

Still, probably not long until we have a new England coach. It's the same old story with England... wrong choice, a lot of hype, no goods on the pitch, leave. The cycle will continue.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Pathetic decision. IMO anyone that isn't captain at club level should not even be considerd for captaincy at international level.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09