Tommy Leuluai

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
The Hoff

Tommy Leuluai

Post by The Hoff »

twitter.com/NRLNEWS tweeted this yesterday:

RR: Rumour has it that Thomas Leuluai could be headed to Manly. Quality player
gpartin

Re: Tommy Leuluai

Post by gpartin »

I hope this isn't true I think he's been one of our most consistent performers and is totally under-rated by so many fans. Considering he's so poor at half back and hooker we did pretty well with McIlorum and Deacs out a fair bit and Sam moving to fullback to cover Amos. Don't want him to go at all.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

The Hoff

Post by The Hoff »

Im not his biggest fan myself but with us losing Riddell for next year already can we really afford to lose Tommy aswell.

More on the rumour here http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index ... =185756.25

Hopefully nothing will come of it, but you never know. It would be a random rumour for someone to make up in Manly :conf:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Yeah and I doubt too many of the posters on there have seen that much of him judging by the comments. If its true it probably means we're after someone from the NRL and if Phelps stays too that'd be one more player on quota presumably because Tommy is federation trained is he not? Sounds like it could be possible to be fair but wish it wasn't but Madge knows his stuff so I'll not be complaining either way.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

The Hoff

Post by The Hoff »

Yeah Tommy is Fed trained so doesnt count on the quota for us, i can see it happening and if it does i hope Madge/IL have something else up their sleeves because when Tommy didnt play this season (cant remember who it was against) we did look abit lost.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

The Hoff wrote:Yeah Tommy is Fed trained so doesnt count on the quota for us, i can see it happening and if it does i hope Madge/IL have something else up their sleeves because when Tommy didnt play this season (cant remember who it was against) we did look abit lost.
Was he out when we played Salford away, can vaguely remember him being out but not sure myself when it was? Anyway regarding a couple of posts on the link I don't think he'd disappoint defensively down under given the fact he tackles some massive blokes and there are certainly halfbacks and hookers in the NRL who aren't as creative or consistent as him so think he'd do absolutely fine. He's been flattened after kicking the ball countless times and just gets up and brushes himself off. Referring to him as rubbish is codswallop as far as I'm concerned.

The Hoff

Post by The Hoff »

Salford away, Sheffield in the cup and Harlequins at home was when he didnt play according to bilkos site, Salford and Sheffield we scraped 2 wins then we all know what happened against Quins at home, like i said im not his biggest fan but he seems an important part of the team and i wouldnt like to see him go.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

The Hoff wrote:Salford away, Sheffield in the cup and Harlequins at home was when he didnt play according to bilkos site, Salford and Sheffield we scraped 2 wins then we all know what happened against Quins at home, like i said im not his biggest fan but he seems an important part of the team and i wouldnt like to see him go.
Cheers for that mate, watched it on DVD and the pitch seemed narrower than it previously had and we were really struggling creating overlaps or anything down the middle. I wasn't sure whether he was in or not but had a feeling he wasn't because he is capable of producing some individual magic and that's what the game was lacking (from my patchy memory). Anyway just seen the time and really need some sleep :o

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

If Tommy goes, we really need another quality hooker to replace Piggy.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

exile in Tiger country wrote:If Tommy goes, we really need another quality hooker to replace Piggy.
And I am sure we will get one. Been a while now since we grabbed Gary Connolly off Stains.

James Roby anyone? :D