Phelps

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gpartin

Phelps

Post by gpartin »

Phelps has just updated his twitter to say he's gutted that Wigan have decided not to extend his contract and thanks the fans for supporting him over the last 3 years. Hope he finds something he played well early in the season I just think the rest of the squad moved on and left him behind. He would have no problem getting a place in the first team at plenty of clubs in Super League.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

missyme65

Re: Phelps

Post by missyme65 »

sad to hear this and also concerned that it may mean another season of pryce.....
softy southerner finds the holy grail...
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Gaz, if that were the case, surely some team would have made him an offer? It would have been no secret that his contract was up. Maybe they just don't think he is worth one of their quota spots?

Missyme, why would that affect Pryce? Far as I know, his contract hasn't been extended either!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Just checked Twitter. Seems he blocked me after I pulled him up over his anti UK remarks!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Hope he manages to find somewhere - decent enough player, but doesn't justify taking up a quota spot for us.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sorry to see him go, he did play well for us & was good utility value & I wish him well for the future.

As Geoff says, not worth taking up a quota spot.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mr Sergent

Post by Mr Sergent »

Wish the lad well, not sorry to see him go though, not good enough for Wigan any more.

What were the anti UK remarks!?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mr Sergent wrote:Wish the lad well, not sorry to see him go though, not good enough for Wigan any more.

Nothing really see below
"Looking forward to 26 hours on the plane..... Noooooootttttt suppose it could be worse could be going to the uk not away from it hahaha",
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

josie andrews wrote:
Mr Sergent wrote:Wish the lad well, not sorry to see him go though, not good enough for Wigan any more.

Nothing really see below
"Looking forward to 26 hours on the plane..... Noooooootttttt suppose it could be worse could be going to the uk not away from it hahaha",
think it must have been Mr M's (KW) time of the month when Phelps wrote that. The hahaha bit gives it away that it was a joke :)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

All I did was point out that no-one forced him to come over here in the first place!

Which was true!

If he can't handle that, he shouldn't be on Twitter!