The end of take the 2?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

The end of take the 2?

Post by cpwigan »

At the highest level I think the 4N has shown the folly of taking the 2. First England now NZ. The return unless it is a game breaker is simply not enough. NZ today gave away field position and possession in the opp 20 and plenty of time for their opp to have to work hard. I firmly believe that at the highest level unless the 2 is decisive with the clock running out it is a bad call.
Kittwazzer

Re: The end of take the 2?

Post by Kittwazzer »

I think a lot depends on the circumstances of each situation. Do the attacking side need to get their breath back, are the cheap shots coming out, is there a need to regroup etc?

But yes, if the attacking side obviously has the upper hand, it is pointless to surrender territory and 6 more tackles for just 2 points, regardless of the current score!
cook123

Post by cook123 »

The second pen they kicked just b4 half time was by far the worst dec it was 18-8 and kicked to make it 18-10 at half time. but there were 2 mins still to go and if they had scored it could of possibly been 18-14 and game on. the 2 points didn't make a diff as they still had to score twice it would of been a different matter if there were two or four points between them or were in front by say 4 or 6
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cook123 wrote:The second pen they kicked just b4 half time was by far the worst dec it was 18-8 and kicked to make it 18-10 at half time. but there were 2 mins still to go and if they had scored it could of possibly been 18-14 and game on. the 2 points didn't make a diff as they still had to score twice it would of been a different matter if there were two or four points between them or were in front by say 4 or 6
Sky said two minutes to go, but the hooter sounded as soon as the kick had been taken.
, so it was probably a good decision.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cook123

Post by cook123 »

it takes a minute to take a kick tho same time as a set of six and not really as they didn't win
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You also expend the energy of the opposition. Defending eats energy. Defending your try line eats the most energy. Psychologically a try before half time hurts.