Robinson at salford ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
snowman

Robinson at salford ?

Post by snowman »

Seems to me there is quite some interest in young Luke leaving the club, but just some food for thought can anyone explain why this prodigy is moving to Salford if he is that good (and possesses all the skills ??) why have one of the bigger clubs not come in for him ??? In fridays game I counted about 20 missed tackles and 10 or so ineffective tackles these were counted against only 4 players who I can name, can anyone guess who got the rollockinbg for most ineffective and missed tackles, yes the prodigy.I would say very good in attack but lacks in defence, playing out of his skin because he feels he has something to prove.Good luck to him for the futore and I hope Salford stay up as he has signed a 2 year deal !!

I would like to suggest that Mr Birchall stops slagging off other WIGAN players and making comparisons whilst playing Luke in other positions until he knows the full facts and injury situations to those players and keeps opinions to himself. If we keep Luke where does James Coyle fit in, maybe he can play 7 for us next year and in my opinion is a better and more confident 7 than Luke.
mario

Re: Robinson at salford ?

Post by mario »

I'd be suprised to see luke miss many tackles,but perhaps like O'loughlin who atempts so many tackles he misses more,but is constantly our top tackler.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

snowman posted:
I would like to suggest that Mr Birchall stops slagging off other WIGAN players and making comparisons whilst playing Luke in other positions until he knows the full facts and injury situations to those players and keeps opinions to himself
Would make the message board boring if we kept our opinions to ourselves.
Portsmouth Warrior

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

I would like to suggest that Mr Birchall stops slagging off other WIGAN players and making comparisons whilst playing Luke in other positions until he knows the full facts and injury situations to those players and keeps opinions to himself.

I would like to suggest, the whole point of having a message board is so people can post their opinions for debate. You may not like them, you may not agree with them, you may want to give your own view. But surely suggesting we keep our opinions to ourselves kind of contradicts the reason we come on here.
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!
Portsmouth Warrior

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

Rob,

Beat me to it. Must have been typing at the same time..
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

snowman posted:
why have one of the bigger clubs not come in for him ???
I think it is because no club can afford to have a main scrum half squad position taken up by a "good prospect" because of the salary cap. This is why we are letting Luke go. I would suggest, that the "big teams" wouldn't offer Luke much opportunity to play:

Leeds - Burrow
Bradford - Deacon/Paul
Stains - Long (or do they?)
Hull - Horne

Luke isn't going to replace any of these guys on the team sheer for at least another couple of seasons. This would stop other clubs moving in for him. Unforetunately, this is not the case at other clubs!

Wigan - um....

So why did we let him go? Our backup to Robinson could have been Coyle - covering all bases.

:angry:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It's quite odd when you think about it; that Robinson, who is on his way to Salford, gets a squad position ahead of Mark Smith when we have a full squad to choose from? I rate Smith highly, just unfortunate he's in the shadow of the world's best hooker, but it implies that Denis agrees that Mo is a barmy bugger!
mario

Post by mario »

Can't leave Robbo out at the moment the way he's playing.
*!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!*

Post by *!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!* »

thats what i dont understand why are they letting mark smith stay when hes not played in ages but luke has played nearly every recent match (even if as sub) and they have terry newton and there keeping mark smith but have no scrum half and letting luke go!!?? dont add upto me at all but i think he is just going to prove hiself now because he feels like him years at wigan has been pointless and i hope he goes really far at salford a very big lose for wigan!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE!!!