can anyone help?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the winky one

can anyone help?

Post by the winky one »

Does anyone know where i can purchase back copies of superleague games (not micron )recorded several from last season but because i have downgraded my subscription with sky, they have deleted my saved matches. Really annoyed as you can imagine. Not keen on Micron,the quality is not the best and they are not allowed to cover superleague games because sky have the rights. Thanks.
Kittwazzer

Re: can anyone help?

Post by Kittwazzer »

Winky One. Have they actually 'deleted' them or are you just no longer able to watch them? If they are still saved on your Sky+ box you will be able to watch them again when you upgrade back. Presumably you will be doing when the season starts?
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Kitwazzer

The titles for each of the games are still listed in my saved games but i like to watch saved games from time to
time when there is rubbish on telly.I emailed sky to complain but they didn't say anything about being able to get the games back when i subscribe again. It's so annoying, luckily i bought a dvd of the grand final, but there are some really good games i would have liked to watch again during the off season.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Do NOT delete them. You cannot view them whilst you are no longer subscribing but I'm confident you will be able to watch them again once you buy back into the Sports.

Same thing happened to me 2 years ago and I deleted the classic Bradford game. Should have left it on and put in on VHS when the new season started!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

The winky one.If you remember I had the same problem.And as a consequence my wife did a little research on my behalf.She found out that you can purchase the seasons review plus full grand final match from the Sky shop for £12.99 or from Hmv for £9.99.They do have them in stock.I hope this helps.Damned Sky! But on reflection I have concluded that I will be unable to attend all home and away games next season due to work.And having Sky means I will see some of the games I would other wise miss.Not a Micron production. :D
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Thanks to everyone who replied to my problem about sky recordings. The annoying thing is that we purchased a dvd recorder which became almost impossible to use once we had gone from virgin to sky aaarggh!.Never mind, not long now until the season starts, can't wait for my weekly fix, How does everyone think we'll go.? I think we will get the challenge cup as well this time..Providing the players can get rid of the habit of switching off for ten minutes or so in the middle of a game...bring it on eh
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the winky one wrote: The annoying thing is that we purchased a dvd recorder which became almost impossible to use once we had gone from virgin to sky aaarggh!
Why? I've had DVD recorders all the time & use them with sky. What is the problem, is it connected up to your sky box correctly?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Hi Josie.

When we changed from Virgin to Sky (thinking it would be easier) we purchased a new video recorder. The trouble we had trying to record from sky was unbelievable a couple of engineers came from sky..we had to pay £39 for the priviledge. and said that they could show us how to record but it would be too complicated for us!!! and that we would be better off just using the sky box for recording. We never had any problems with Virgin so have decided to return to them when our sky contract ends in feb, it has driven us mad honestly
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

You should be able to record from you Sky+ box by connecting the dvd recorder to the output of the Sky+ box and probably the output of the dvd recorder to the TV.

The dvd recorder should just record what ever your Sky+ outputs, which is what is usually displayed on screen.

As for the recordings already on the Sky+ box you should be able to watch them again if you upgrade but you'll need to check with Sky, if necessary just keep asking to talk to someone else until you find someone who knows what they are talking about.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Whenever I ring Sky, I press the option 'Thinking of Cancelling?'. Gets the best service every time!