Lam to stay ???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Lam to stay ???

Post by 100% Warrior »

:surp:

Has anyone read the article in one of this mornings newspapers in which it says that Adrian Lam may be tempted to postpone his decision to retire for another season.

The article states that Lam says he has retired from the game for any other club except Wigan, therefore leaving the door open to continue playing for the Warriors.

Any thoughts ???
kt4ever_1

Re: Lam to stay ???

Post by kt4ever_1 »

All we can do is keep our fingers ccrossed!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The reason why lam is retiring is because Wigan wouldn't offer him another contract, even for one year. Its very unlikely that the club will change its mind, as that would be like admitting that they had made a terrible mess of recruitment for next season. Also, they would have to admit that they let Luke go for reasons other than the salary cap.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

Well we need a scrum half. And robbos gone so we need lammy to stay really.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We knew that when we decided to let Lam and Robinson go. The plan was obviously to move Orr to scrum half, with Brown or O'Loughlin outside him.

I think the only problem with this as far as the board is concerned, was when the fans started to point out the obvious fact that this would not be a good move. We have struggled to create enough chances even with Lam playing. When he has been injured, we have not been good enough in attack. It just highlights the fact that the boars plan will not work.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

:conf:

If Lam does indeed retire at the end of this season, and as Mike says the supporters believe that using Orr at scrum half with either Brown or O'Loughlin at stand off isn't the solution.

Which player(s) do supporters believe will give a solution to our half back problem ???

:eusa17:

Folks remember we do have the rule that is the salary cap to keep to as well.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

well really kevin brown isn't a very good s/o. And last year when orr went to s/h he didnt play his best.
ancient and loyal upon my chest

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
dancer

Post by dancer »

Heres my oppinion on this matter. Lam on his day is still the best scrum half in the league without a shadow of a doubt, his bad injury seems to have heeled well and since he came back he has missed only 3 or 4 games. Age isnt a concern really, he is as fit as anyone in super league, he isnt a player who relies on pace alone(unlike Long + Mcguire)he uses his brain to open defences. I would say he is definatly worth keeping for one more season, in the meantime Wigan need to make plans for a quality replacement next season, I would say go for Craig Gower, if he is willing to go to salford then signing for Wigan wouldnt be a problem. Gower is 25 now, he still has at least 6 seasons in him so he would be a great signing for the future. He will be the 1st choice scrum half for the Aussies this autumn, as Kimmorley and Johns are injured.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

lam is still a great player who is still right on form. it would be a good move to keep him another season but as mike said the board (well maurice) will not want to lose face! maybe a role in the coaching department with the ocasional game could be the way out for both parties. lam earns his wages in coaching with the bonus of an extra few quid when he appears for us on the pitch!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mike posted:
The reason why lam is retiring is because Wigan wouldn't offer him another contract, even for one year. Its very unlikely that the club will change its mind, as that would be like admitting that they had made a terrible mess of recruitment for next season. Also, they would have to admit that they let Luke go for reasons other than the salary cap.
Would he still count on the salary cap if he were a player/assistant coach?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]