desi williams on his way to stains!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

desi williams on his way to stains!

Post by the grinch »

thats the word on there web site! they apparently have offerd wigan fifteen thousand pounds!he is a good lad but useless under the high ball! im not sure yet. maybe we should hang on to him a bit and see how he develops.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
GeoffN

Re: desi williams on his way t...

Post by GeoffN »

Only seen him in the two 1st team games he played, first one (London?) he was OK, 2nd (Cas?) he was awful.
Not fair to judge him just on those, IMO.
Anyway, we got more than that for Bibey; he can't be as bad as that!
MrsLam

Re: desi williams on his w...

Post by MrsLam »

Ahh this is another lad I've seen recently, he was visiting next door but one to me (one of the under 21s team) and all the little kids in our street were running up to him and asking him for autographs. Poor lad
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Re: desi williams on his way t...

Post by robjoenz »

the grinch posted:
he is a good lad but useless under the high ball! im not sure yet.
...based on the one game against Cas where they targetted an inexperienced winger with the high ball and their lankiest player?!

Bit harsh int it
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Aspinwall - an "experienced" player - conceeded 2 tries against Wakefield by not taking high kicks. Also, Vainakolo (and Hape) looks very poor at taking high balls for Bradford, but he is the best winger in the league.

During the Cas match we conceeded again from the same high kick tactic even when Desi had been removed. The problem was ont just with the winger - the rest of the team were not giving him any protection by blocking the path of runners.

Its very harsh to judge Desi on this match. I for one hope he doesn't go to stains. :angry:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

True, Mike. That's been our main defensive weakness for ages. Couldn't understand why Skints & Wakey didn't try to exploit that more in the last 2 games - you can bet Leeds will! That's why I hope Gazza plays at centre, rather than Brown - plus he always keeps Senior quiet.
redhead

Post by redhead »

Sorry Im gonna say 'see you Desi' watched him quite a bit apart from the few SL games he has played and find him very over rated.
the little walnut
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

well im not in a position to judge the lad it was only an observation i made in one game! he may be fantastic but we havent seen him since that game so there isnt much to go on.like i said i personaly think we would be better hanging onto him and see how he develops.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart