Wane Gives Glimpse of the Future

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wane Gives Glimpse of the Future

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane has named an exciting young team to face Championship side Barrow on Sunday.

Wane, who will be leading the side, has selected First Team players Lee Mossop, Johnny Walker, Chris Tuson and Josh Charnley, as well as the 6 players recently promoted to train with the first team squad: Matthew Russell, Jack Hughes, Logan Tomkins, Sam Powell, Ryan King and Dom Crosby - who made his first appearance at Salford last weekend.

The game doubles up as Brett McDermott's Testimonial Game and will be Garry Schofield's third games in charge.

Tickets are available at the turnstiles at New Craven Park with the game kicking off at 3pm.

The full squad is: Matthew Russell, Tom Spencer, Kieron Harrison, Jamie Acton, Jack Hughes, Danny Bridge, Johnny Walker, Lee Mossop, Logan Tomkins, Liam Carberry, James Greenwood, Matthew Crow, Dom Crosby, Sam Powell, Chris Tuson, Tom Halsall, Josh Charnley, Ryan King

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Re: Wane Gives Glimpse of the Future

Post by Owd Codger »

Surely the squad should have consisted of the players numbered 20 to 27 in the first team squad. plus the best of the academy under 21's
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Surely the squad should have consisted of the players numbered 20 to 27 in the first team squad. plus the best of the academy under 21's

According to the official site, there are 10 players who are in the first team squad mentioned in the team above.

The squad/shirt numbers, according to Madge, don't mean anything

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/Wsquadp.aspx
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Tough test for the youngsters. It will be very interesting to see how they fare;

Never heard of Jamie Acton and James Greenwood

Kieron Harrison, Johnny Walker and Tom Halsall I thought all 3 had been released?
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

what about Joe Mellor? hope Powell has a good game
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Joe Mellor not being there is worrying
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Joe Mellor not being there is worrying
Maybe he's getting a run out v Wire next week?

Jamie Acton is a lad we picked up from Hemel Stags - 2nd rower I believe.
OJ

Post by OJ »

I was hoping Joe Mellor would be involved as well. :conf:
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

I'm pretty sure Jamie Acton has previously been with Quins a few years ago at under 16 or u/15 level.
tom g

Post by tom g »

Yeah Jamie Acton was at Quins in the past. He used to play in the same team as my housemate at uni. From what I have been told he is a big strong lad who runs hard and is very physical. Will be interseting to see how him and the other young lads get on.