Re: Willie Mason

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

the winky one wrote:I see that big Willie is already stirring things up by making comments about Fielden and Peacock eh? I seem to remember another overseas player doing that a few years ago when he signed for London Broncos, can't remember his name..When he finally played, he got quite badly pasted a few times. Think Mr Mason had better watch out :eusa9: :eusa9:
I for one can't wait.. hee hee!! I'm so evil :devi: :devi:

Yep, I think it was Mark Carroll who was going to take on all the "soft" 'poms in super league, only to get battered himself every time.
After a year or two of 'punishment' with plenty of time off for injuries & concussion, he flew quietly back to Oz with his tail firmly between his legs.
Don't think he played again afterwards.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Nezza Faz wrote: Yep, I think it was Mark Carroll who was going to take on all the "soft" 'poms in super league, only to get battered himself every time.
After a year or two of 'punishment' with plenty of time off for injuries & concussion, he flew quietly back to Oz with his tail firmly between his legs.
Don't think he played again afterwards.
Brian Noble said exactly the same thing on the Super League Show!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

I really hope we give him what for, (All within the rules of course)He thinks he's the King of the hill. :snea1: :snea1:
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

I remember Neil Cowie going in hard on Carroll.....carroll then spent the next 20 mins walking around on rubber legs!!! He turned out to be not as tough as he thought!!!

Looking forward to seeing Hock and Mossop running over him later in the season!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Cant wait for Willie to run out against the Giants and Luke O'Donnell, IMO the new enforcer in Superleague.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

I remember that one adiddy, in fact he staggered around and fell over his own try line in a heap, i often wondered if he had the ball would it have been a try for us :roll: :roll:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Just watched HKR get pasted by a Giants outfit that rarely left 3rd gear!
Can anyone see the rhyme or reason behind the signing of this man on what must be a huge contract?
Eddie was semi orgasmic tonight at the prospect of seeing him on TV for the first time. What a letdown! :o
I watched the 20s today and saw a lad called Tom Spencer. He would knock him flying without blinking! :lol:
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

As a certain Mr Ste Lord pointed out, the two girls in the HKR crowd holding a banner saying "We love Willie" was really classy.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

exile in Tiger country wrote:As a certain Mr Ste Lord pointed out, the two girls in the HKR crowd holding a banner saying "We love Willie" was really classy.
you should have seen Willie's banner ;)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I keep winding people up on t'other thread about Stains blindsiding HKR to sign Dobson. Why would he want to stay now they have hit the skids?

And as for Willie's Tongan Passport, that is turning into an embarrassment. Its like Billy Bunter's Postal Order!! :lol: