Grow a pair folks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Grow a pair folks

Post by cpwigan »

Nobody is going to be overjoyed at some bad recent games but I will remind you all later in the season of these threads :wink:

For a team that is playing awful compared to their normal standards, the gap is not that huge. Imagine what will happen if we get some players back from injury, some new players more settled and better form. We might just not be as bad as people are thinking at this present time. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Remember that.

CALM DOWN, STAY LOYAL

irishwarrior

Re: Grow a pair folks

Post by irishwarrior »

im with you cp, win lose or draw stay loyal.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Always loyal but some performances in games are crap lately, nothing wrong with expressing thoughts!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Always loyal but some performances in games are crap lately, nothing wrong with expressing thoughts!
True CW but perspective is equally important and perhaps we all over react without even sitting down after the game long enough or looking at the bigger picture.

Nobody hates losing, drawing more than me but in the long run it might actually benefit the teams youngsters and one or two players are not that far away.

Perspective is vital otherwise molehills become mountains.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

well said CP, i was shouting at someof the players during the match but have come on here and seen people say everyman and his dog should be sacked. not a good performance but we can build on that and with Paaaat returning next week against the french thatcould be a good confidence booster of a game and give us a chance to try and get some flowing moves.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I'm quite happy with the pair I've got thanks; they're good ones.
The only negative I threw at the team tonight was the same one I threw after last weeks game - we are trying to play rugby in the wrong areas of the pitch. We never did this last season, we got to where we wanted to be quickly then played from there - Australian style rugby.

One thing to say though - I've been watching rugby long enough to know that one trophy doesn't equal class. We've only only seen one truly class side in the last couple of seasons at Wigan, and they flew home with the World Club Challenge trophy.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Shaun1967 wrote:I'm quite happy with the pair I've got thanks; they're good ones.
The only negative I threw at the team tonight was the same one I threw after last weeks game - we are trying to play rugby in the wrong areas of the pitch. We never did this last season, we got to where we wanted to be quickly then played from there - Australian style rugby.

One thing to say though - I've been watching rugby long enough to know that one trophy doesn't equal class. We've only only seen one truly class side in the last couple of seasons at Wigan, and the flew home with the World Club Challenge trophy.
So you do not think the present Wigan squad has a lot of class and talent :conf: Sorry I cannot help you
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

cpwigan wrote:
Shaun1967 wrote:I'm quite happy with the pair I've got thanks; they're good ones.

One thing to say though - I've been watching rugby long enough to know that one trophy doesn't equal class. We've only only seen one truly class side in the last couple of seasons at Wigan, and the flew home with the World Club Challenge trophy.
So you do not think the present Wigan squad has a lot of class and talent :conf: Sorry I cannot help you
If after reading my post you have somehow deciphered that I don't think there is any talent in the present Wigan squad then you aren't in a position to help me.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

for me our pack just isnt doing the hard yards up the park, they just aint big enough to compete against the morley's of the game, lima is a bit dissapointing, he is built like a second row forward no a prop, finch for me looks like barratt did in his first few games.

Finch will come good and that last pass he made to set up the last kick of the game was pure class.

Still early days, but for me leeds tired and gave us more room to come back in to the game, the difference was between this week and las t was that wire didnt let us get back in the game and they just didnt tire at all.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Shaun1967 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

If after reading my post you have somehow deciphered that I don't think there is any talent in the present Wigan squad then you aren't in a position to help me.
I am not going to get into a debate but that statementhe bit in bold is so wrong it beggars belief[/u]