Reality Check.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

Reality Check.

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Facts:
1. We are currently 5th in the League.

2. We are two points behind Wire who are top.

3. We have the best defence in the League according to the stats.

4. Of our opening games, we've played Stains, Hudds, Wire and Leeds - all top teams, 3 away from home.

5. We have our top points scorer in Pat missing along with Fielden and Gleeson.

6. We ARE the champions and everyone wants to beat us......even more so than usual.

And all this whilst playing pretty average rugby. Imagine what will happen when we start playing well. And I mean 'when' not 'if'.

I know it's tough at the minute and all of us are having a bit of a crisis of confidence in everything but the facts are there to see and we're still in a position that most Superleague teams would give their right arm for.

We'll 'be' okay? Hey we 'are' okay. And we're only going to get better. :thum:
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
onedego

Re: Reality Check.

Post by onedego »

Agreed.

One thing we cannot forget is that WE are the team to beat. We've got the brightest history in the Super League, and with that history, given our form last year, everyone is challenging Wigan and stepping up their game accordingly.

It isn't so much they're we're making more mistakes, it's that our opponents are picking up on more of our mistakes.

Long way to go to the end of the season
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

There are snippets in every game. Imagine as those snippets become periods of dominance. Liam Farrell has emerged/is emerging as a wonderful player. So many players to return and so many to get settled and kicked on. I cannot remember who it was but they said the last 15 minutes from Finch was class. Finchy is only going to get better. Whatsmore, I was so glad to see Sam chip and chase. Last season IMO the HJ game v Wire and sam's chip/chase was a watershed moment.

2011 will be another great season
tonyteastain

Post by tonyteastain »

Totally agree with you Kiwiseddon

we will only get better not worse. trust me its free fitting!
WIGAN_IS_MY_RELIGION

Post by WIGAN_IS_MY_RELIGION »

Kiwiseddon wrote:Facts:
1. We are currently 5th in the League.

2. We are two points behind Wire who are top.

3. We have the best defence in the League according to the stats.

4. Of our opening games, we've played Stains, Hudds, Wire and Leeds - all top teams, 3 away from home.

5. We have our top points scorer in Pat missing along with Fielden and Gleeson.

6. We ARE the champions and everyone wants to beat us......even more so than usual.

And all this whilst playing pretty average rugby. Imagine what will happen when we start playing well. And I mean 'when' not 'if'.

I know it's tough at the minute and all of us are having a bit of a crisis of confidence in everything but the facts are there to see and we're still in a position that most Superleague teams would give their right arm for.

We'll 'be' okay? Hey we 'are' okay. And we're only going to get better. :thum:
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: can't wait !
onedego

Post by onedego »

can someone read that and post the highlights for me please?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

onedego wrote:can someone read that and post the highlights for me please?
KW will be gutted you stole his gag! It was a great post, only bit I disagree with is that last night highlighted what's been going wrong all season. On the whole I agree but playing boring rugby has been the problem this year not fancy rugby. We needed to start doing something different to get out of the vicious circle of being stuck in our own half. We went too far last night but territorially we were better last night than we have been.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

RE what Cherry posted. Agree re the kicks. Never understand why we do not vary it and say for Goulding keep it on the ground etc and the high crossfield chips should be going towards our big back rowers rather than out on the wing. Joel T, Hoff and HHansen should be targets until Pat returns.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Great thread and great posts!

I started the 'We are terrible' thread last night. In my defence, we were terrible at that point but I will never start another thread mid game. I'll confine my rants/eulogies to Twitter and Facebook until the game is over!

Its amazing how you see things differently the morning after, especially after reading the newspaper reports where the 'comeback' is the main talking point!
3 times every hour, Sky News reported the story and 3 times every hour, Sinfield's face was a joy to behold! :lol:
On Superleaguefans, the odious Cheese started a thread congratulating both teams on the best game of the season so far!
Say what you like, we performed for 15 minutes last night. If we'd stretched it to 20, we'd have won. Imagine the damage when we have a full quota available and we do the full 80! :lol:
But for me the ultimate accolade came from Stevo at half time at tonight's dour Salford v Crusader's match. “After last night, its a bit like the Lord Mayors Show!”

And we all know what follows that! :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

onedego wrote:can someone read that and post the highlights for me please?
I agree :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan