What A Game!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GBH

What A Game!

Post by GBH »

Great match & great weather!
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
exile in Tiger country

Re: What A Game!

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Didn't get to listen today, how did Childs do?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Didn't get to listen today, how did Childs do?
He was a disgrace.

Wigan should follow up Hull and report this guy. He was ok early on then when he realised Wigan could get a cricket score went penalty crazy, almost gifting tries.

After thier first try, Deacon went over and clapped in his face.

A forward pass for thier try on the wing was the worst i've seen, this was followed my a telling off to Sam and Lockers for complaining.

Shocking.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

First Try Tickle wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:Didn't get to listen today, how did Childs do?
He was a disgrace.

Wigan should follow up Hull and report this guy. He was ok early on then when he realised Wigan could get a cricket score went penalty crazy, almost gifting tries.

After thier first try, Deacon went over and clapped in his face.

A forward pass for thier try on the wing was the worst i've seen, this was followed my a telling off to Sam and Lockers for complaining.

Shocking.
But not in the same manner as the Hull coach did. My spies tell me that Agar is likely to be thrown out of the League by the disciplinary committee for some of his inapproriate comments on Childs and Hull will be needing a new coach by the end of this week. Noble for Hull is the cry, poor sods.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
onedego

Post by onedego »

First away experience, and what an awesome experience. The Racecourse is a dump, there was a piece of signage fell off the front of the stand nearly landing on a couple of our fans (before the game even started).

Crusaders were gifted both of their tries by shoddy work by the RFL Officiating team. I have said that it annoys me in general that the players (from all teams) go out on the field and bust their asses to earn their wages, and the refs just seem to want to do as little as possible. How a Crusaders knock on at PTB can result in a Crusaders scrum I cannot fathom.

Had a great time up at the back not too far from Brigantes who were awesome. I was annoyed at the whistle from that area finding its way onto the pitch, totally out of order (I'm sure there's an explaination).

Fantastic day out. Won't be the last away trip.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Can't see that somehow Ian. Agar may have been out of order with his comments but the gist of it was spot on. Childs is not yet up to the task!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Enjoyed the day & the game except for the inept officials yet again!! If it wasn't for the touch judge waving for in touch early in the 2nd half, Childs was about to award the try.

The ground is terrible, the ladies toilets are no better than Salfords & that's saying something!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Childs was poor, but he also missed the forward pass for Charnleys first try, and then to cap it off Richards kick was given which was wide of the upright.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Yes, Childs again poor with inconsistent decisions and not easy for players to stomach.

He seems determined to show "who is the boss !" and disrupts the game accordingly. This annoys both players and supporters - should learn to allow the game to flow more instead.

Regarding Pat's tight conversion, we were sitting right behind him in line with the kick. It did appear to creep inside the left upright, just, but then the wind which was very strong and blustery, blew it off course but only after it had gone over the bar.

Can't blame Childs anyway for the decision to award the goal because BOTH TJ's gave it by raising their flags. The Ref can only adjudge kicks at goal if one flag goes up and the other down.

With the wind as it was today, I think you could forgive the TJ's if they did get it just wrong on such a close call and it certainly didn't affect the result.

BriH

Post by BriH »

Listened to it on Wish FM. They were of the same opinion re. Childs and, at the end, said they had better stop picking on him!
Got the impression he hadn't a clue.