Re: The Big One 3 Moved to Sat. June 25 5.45 K.O.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

This is a disgrace, we have planned our presentation night for the 25th as the big one was planned for the Friday, we have been promised a players attendance and booked everything.

All the players are season ticket holders and will be gutted at missing the match.

makes a mockery of Wigan RL as all the stickers and advertisments for the Big One 3 have the 24th on.

Come on IL, stand strong and refuse to move.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Good to see the official Warriors site has announced this change in date (NOT).
Wonder what the marketing team will think of this with all the promotion and the fact that over 2000 extra tickets have been sold already! :doz:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered

Post by 46229 »

Can't see renewing my season ticket next year. I work shifts and have had a holiday booked since January so I could attend the Huddersfield game.
Sky move it and Wigan agree without any thought that it is only a few weeks away and lots of people who don't work 9 to 5 can now not attend.
Asked my workplace can I have the Saturday off, but already over-subscribed. So that is £16ish down the pan. No point having a season ticket.
Cheers Wigan! Pity you don't support the 'Loyal 18' fans as much as they support you.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

It's a swings and roundabouts things for the club.
For me, it makes it much easier to get the game.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

If this is true they can "STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE"

I have advance rail bookings Edinburgh to Wigan return Friday / Saturday and a advance hotel reservation @ the Wigan Oak Hotel both non refundable. This would not be the first time this has happened and i lost a lot of money that time too .I vowed never to advance book after that last time , but never in my wildest dreams did i anticipate this fixture being moved after all the build up .

The club dont even have the guts to tell us first, they leave their dirty work to others.

It borders on criminal that they brag about selling 2,000 extra tickets to season ticket holders for a match that wont take place on the day stated.

A really profesional way to attract new fans .

2002 and EW is hooked
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

cherry.pie wrote:
46229 wrote:Can't see renewing my season ticket next year. I work shifts and have had a holiday booked since January so I could attend the Huddersfield game.
Sky move it and Wigan agree without any thought that it is only a few weeks away and lots of people who don't work 9 to 5 can now not attend.
Asked my workplace can I have the Saturday off, but already over-subscribed. So that is £16ish down the pan. No point having a season ticket.
Cheers Wigan! Pity you don't support the 'Loyal 18' fans as much as they support you.
All fixtures are subject to change, it says that on the fixture lists and that's been the case for as long as I can remember.
If fixture changes cause so much disruption during a season then perhaps not renewing your season ticket is the best option as it may be cheaper to pick the games you can attend.
Sky have always had choice on which games are televised and when they are played, they pay clubs a hefty chunk of money for the right to do so.
This is not just another game , it is supposed to market Rugby League to new fans . Surley Wigan would have checked with Sky before they pushed the advertising boat out.

The only thing fans of other sports will do is instead of comming also to have a look at RL is P**S themselves laughing at how pathetic we have made ourselves look .
2002 and EW is hooked
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Just picked this off 606. Seems we are not the only ones being messed around!

So out of the Giants next 5 games, 4 have been changed by sky, and the last saints game was changed too! I only bought my Wigan tickets yesterday now they have changed it to saturday which clashes with the time I've booked my sons birthday rugby party. Now im lucky in that i can usually change my plans but many people cant they might be thinking whats the point in buying a season ticket if they cant make the games.
I recognise that Sky bring money to the game but this is beyond a joke!
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

this isn't sudokuwarriors views! It is LR's Angel!

Yet another match that i cannot attend thanks to Mr Lenegan.

Was our fixture scheduled for Sky in the first place?
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

sudokuwarrior wrote:this isn't sudokuwarriors views! It is LR's Angel!

Yet another match that i cannot attend thanks to Mr Lenegan.

Was our fixture scheduled for Sky in the first place?
Can't blame IL. Sky call the shots. I would say for 99% of S/T holders, a switch from Friday night to Saturday afternoon wouldn't present a problem. But you have to feel for our non-local supporters such as EW who go to enormous expense to visit the DW. Surely the club could do something to recompense this small minority of their most hardcore and devoted followers!
onedego

Post by onedego »

technically speaking, they could be done over and over for false advertising. There's a whole load of marketing material for the game since the fixture list which doesn't say that the fixture is subject to change...