An excellent start to the weekend and well done Finch!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Sam Panapa ate me pie

An excellent start to the weekend and well done Finch!

Post by Sam Panapa ate me pie »

Get in! Best half if not full game of the season so far!

Got a tesco delivery of Thwaites Wainwright about to be destroyed when I get home tonight...

Finch was superb and as I've said on here and been maligned for, he seems a decent lad from all the press work he's done and is determined to be a success.

Fans have to get behind him, I've been shocked at how unpleasant some of the posts on here were about him. At the end of the day he's a Wigan player and it's been disgusting the way he was made a scapegoat at his return from a serious injury because we weren't playing as well as last season.

Too many people on here are going on about how the side is playing like a Noble side again which is nonsense but they definitely sound like a lot of Wigan fans under Noble....

Let's enjoy an awesome night, pat Finch and the rest of the team on the back and enjoy a young, talented and determined side with a core of Wigan lads who are top of the league!
Shaun1967

Another One For The Record Books

Post by Shaun1967 »

Last Super League derby match at Halton Stadium - Wigan victory.

That's Central Park, Knowsley Rd, Halton Stadium.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Another One For The Record Books

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Even sweeter then!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Unless they finish above us in the League! First time we've played them at Widnes I think. We played them in Swansea in the only neutral venue in a regular season game and won there also! And obviously murrayfield and cardiff
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
the winky one

Re: An excellent start to the weekend and well done Finch!

Post by the winky one »

Sam Panapa ate me pie wrote:Get in! Best half if not full game of the season so far!

Got a tesco delivery of Thwaites Wainwright about to be destroyed when I get home tonight...

Finch was superb and as I've said on here and been maligned for, he seems a decent lad from all the press work he's done and is determined to be a success.

Fans have to get behind him, I've been shocked at how unpleasant some of the posts on here were about him. At the end of the day he's a Wigan player and it's been disgusting the way he was made a scapegoat at his return from a serious injury because we weren't playing as well as last season.

Too many people on here are going on about how the side is playing like a Noble side again which is nonsense but they definitely sound like a lot of Wigan fans under Noble....

Let's enjoy an awesome night, pat Finch and the rest of the team on the back and enjoy a young, talented and determined side with a core of Wigan lads who are top of
the league!

Totally agree about the performance and Finch,... and the celebration after his try proved that the players don't have a problem with him as has been suggested previously on the forum.
There was just a brief spell when the team nodded off, but apart from that just fantastic..And how brilliant were those fans who stayed chanting at the end.
I'm floating on air and won't come down for a week :eusa3: :eusa3: :eusa2: :eusa2:
Sam Panapa ate me pie

Post by Sam Panapa ate me pie »

Great point about the celebration, clearly one of the lads and it was great to see the players jump on Lima after he scored... brought back memories of a certain someone last season..
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Well said Sam. On both posts. What a bloody game to get MoM and silence your detractors. And how appropriate for big Jeff to find the tryline on a night when Wilkin failed to get him sent off. It goes around, it comes around!

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!! :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We have played them in eight different venues since SL started & next season will be nine.

Central Park
Knowsley Road
Swansea
Murrayfield
Cardiff
DW Stadium
Widnes &
Old Trafford
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Tonight was Finches' best game for us, well done.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

Beautiful, beautiful moments, Finch, Pat, Joel, everybody played their hearts out. Loved seeing James Graham and the gang spitting their dummies out yet again. Feels like a dream. We are top of that league too.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.