Re: Why should we have to put up with it?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I remember saying before the game that Monsieur was not up to a game like this. Lots of 'professionals' on the pitch and they got to him. He is simply not up to games like this where there is going to be niggle. Some of his decisions were very odd.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He wasn't too bad against Saints but tonights performance was an utter disgrace :angry: :angry:

The touch judges as well need to sort themselves out as well or we may as well play a game without them :sly:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
onedego

Post by onedego »

yes, the oddest decision was pulling us back at 5th tackle... but oh no, Leeds played the ball, AND HE LET THEM PLAY ON!!!

I'm starting to think that there is a page missing from the rulebook that says:

Herein lie the rules of Rugby League which apply to all teams with the exception of Red Hall's Closest Team, Leeds.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

I wouldn't say he was biased, just bl***y useless. I also will reserve judgement until I've watched it again.
No voice left
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Yep. These are the kind of comments I would have made had I not said I would defer pending seeing the game on TV.

NOFL!

PS. Leeds will get tw***ed at Cats next week.

PPS. Still fuming!
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I'm 29 mins into the 1st half on Sky+ and there are howling decisions either way. And some that at the game I was screaming at the Ref but watching again, the Ref was right..............Sadly.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

If a player turns his back on an opposing player kicking the ball through and the ball hits him on his back, is this deemed a charge down.
Alibert obviously thinks so, as he even mimic'd what Lima did by moving his body round then waved play back to 6 tackles for the Whino's.
Which rule book does this idiot carry, or am I missing something here.
Bashy

Post by Bashy »

Have to say from where was sat in the West Stand it did look like he was on the Rhino's Payroll, i think he was looking for chances to give decisions in their favour rather than officiate the match! Cant remember when exactly but i think it was an offside call he finally made against them, had everyone screaming at him before the whistle finally went followed by a bow to us as if to say "happy now?"

The guy is a muppet but it does go to show, we managed to beat leeda and 3 officials. That leeds try that went to the video ref that was being played back over and over had me worried, not because it was a legal try because it werent but because Ganson was the video ref.....

one good decision out of many bad ones there though

stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Panchitta Marra wrote:If a player turns his back on an opposing player kicking the ball through and the ball hits him on his back, is this deemed a charge down.
Alibert obviously thinks so, as he even mimic'd what Lima did by moving his body round then waved play back to 6 tackles for the Whino's.
Which rule book does this idiot carry, or am I missing something here.
Sadly any player getting into the opposition's face at a kick will be there by design and not by accident, so on this occasion the referee was right. Of course we didn't believe him - it's just that he'd cried 'wolf' as it were, by so many other dubious decisions before.

Not Monsieur Alibert's best night!
Stevethegas
onedego

Post by onedego »

it's actually obvious that Lima's thought is to turn and follow the ball, it just so happens that the ball hits him... Not a charge down. (watched it 4 times repeatedly)