Worst fears re Hoff confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Re: Worst fears re Hoff confirmed

Post by Wes »

Fair Play Ryan Hoffman!

He come over here on a 1 year deal with the option for a 2nd in his favour, there was/is no messing about he said he would do 1 year and re assess and in my book that is exactly what he has done! Far better this than signing for a definate 2 or 3 and worm your way out because your home sick!

Give us your all for the remainder Hoff and good Luck in 2012 obviously after you have helped Wigan clean up and take all 3 pieces of silver in 2011!

True Proffesional!!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Gutted, but still admire the man greatly.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think if Blair had not left the Storm, Hoff would have taken up the option. However, I admire his loyalty to the Storm. Nice words about Wigan;
The Wigan Warriors, a club renowned for its tradition and success, remain a powerhouse in the English Super League, under the guidance of former Storm Assistant Coach Michael Maguire. The decision was a difficult one for Hoffman, who has become an integral part of the club, both on and off the field.
“This year with Wigan has been outstanding. The club and fans have been great, and they have made me and my wife Mel very welcome.
“When I left Storm, the hardest part of the decision was leaving the only professional rugby league club I had ever played for, but Blairy moving on has created an opportunity for me to return to where it started.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Nice to hear where we stand in relation to The Hoff.

I'm a little bit disappointed the Club didn't announce it first - or have I missed something?

I think he is a good player and I just hope he wants to go back to Auss with a couple of medals/rings under his belt for bragging rights! :(
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

ill be devistated to see hoffy go, hes impressed me most out of our storm trio, fantastic work rate and clocks up a few trys now and again.

good luck hoffy and thanks for this season :D
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Didn't want to start a new thread but please do so if appropriate.

what does tis mean for next year's squad as we know it now? Help if I've missed anyone.

Hoffmann/Coley/Deacon - all out of the squad?
Finch - tbc or going?
Amos - ?
Tommy - still rumours or definitely staying?
Fielden - will he be able to play on fitness wise?

I know there are a lot of talented younger players and I hiope to see a number of them integrated more often but that is a core of experience at the top line definitely moving on and maybe others.

What recruitment have we done/are doing? As Leeds have grown old together and are suffering this year, I'd hate to see us go 'too young' in too many positions and suffer accordingly. A proper balance is required. Thoughts?

Thanks