out of interest...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

out of interest...

Post by MrsLam »

Has anyone else got a phone call from Wigan Warriors about a new phone service?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Re: out of interest...

Post by mrs_carney »

My dad did
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Me mum did, but I think they were after me! She said it sounded proper tacky and you had to be with BT. If you aren't with BT you can rejoin, to save money by paying more so really breaking even at extra hassle!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Oh good. I thought I'd been done by one of them stupid telesales people that were on a new level of intelligence, knowing my local rugby team :|
She didn't sound like she was from Wigan, I don't like it when non wigan people ring me up about warriors!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

I was going to ask the same question. I have had the same phone call. He said he was contacting Wigan Warrior fans, although he didn't actually say he was from the club.
He was definitely not from this area, obviously from a call centre, I hadn't a clue what he was on about. I got the impression that the club would benefit in some way. He must have got my telephone number from the club. Is this allowed?
:angry:
mario

Post by mario »

silver surfer posted:
I was going to ask the same question. I have had the same phone call. He said he was contacting Wigan Warrior fans, although he didn't actually say he was from the club.
He was definitely not from this area, obviously from a call centre, I hadn't a clue what he was on about. I got the impression that the club would benefit in some way. He must have got my telephone number from the club. Is this allowed?
:angry:
I think the club can sell your details 3 times unless you state otherwise.
The club gets 10% of the call charges to use for the club and the local comunity.
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

I don't like it when non wigan people ring me up about warriors![/quote]

Oi MrsLam. I'm not from Wigan. I'm Welsh. What if I were to ring you up about Warriors. Surely you wouldn't put the phone down on me. Careful now. I wanted your autograph ahead of that Heather bird.
pandasdad

Post by pandasdad »

The caller was probably from Atlantic Solutions - the same outfit that renamed Wakefield's Belle Vue. They have managed to strike agreements with most of the Super League clubs to market their cheaper telephone services to the clubs' fans in exchange for a kick-back. Shame I didn't do the same really as I routed the Warriors calls when we were at Central Park.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Oh no no not the same thing that Welsh Warrior. I'd happily chat to anyone who rings me on the phone but when companies ring me I normally just put the phone down. They don't talk about interesting dreams or rugby they just take my money :(

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

Correct me if iam wrong Mrs Lam but i feel you meant you dont like non warrior SUPPORTERS ringing you up talking about wigan!!! Well that what i got from the message anyway. :exc:
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!