Gary Connoly on Super League Super Men

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Gary Connoly on Super League Super Men

Post by BriH »

Very interesting re. him leaving Saints - he reckons they sold him and he didn't want to leave!
Also an insight into Uncle Mo's reluctance to part with money if he could avoid it!
I, personally, rated Gary very highly. Good in attack and very very strong in defence.
A 100% player who took some stick and battering over the years.
Next one up is Gary Schofield - pass the vomit bucket!!!! Won't need it because I wont be watching it.
Red Hot Mama

Re: Gary Connoly on Super League Super Men

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Kris Rads spoke about Gary's leaving Saints in his book as well. Can't believe some stupid people still call him Judas. Thought he came across as a really nice lad
Brian's Girl

OJ

Post by OJ »

If you read Rad's book you will realise he is even more of a nice guy and to do the job he is doing now shows what a really denuine bloke he is as well.
Can understand a player born and brought up in St Helens not really wanting to play for us - it would work the other way as well so we have to accept it - so again full credit to him cos he was awesome for us
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

OJ wrote:If you read Rad's book you will realise he is even more of a nice guy and to do the job he is doing now shows what a really denuine bloke he is as well.
Can understand a player born and brought up in St Helens not really wanting to play for us - it would work the other way as well so we have to accept it - so again full credit to him cos he was awesome for us
What job does he do now?

Didn't see the programme but totally agree with you on the point about giving him credit. It always used o make me laugh how people used to compare him and Paul Newlove, I don't think I ever saw him have a good game when we had Connolly playing for us lol
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

gpartin wrote:What job does he do now?
I think he said he is working with disabled/underpriveleged kids.

It struck me that he looked ill to some extent. He seems to have gone down to nothing. His speech was disjointed and he seemed tired or punchy or hungover......

Rad is his neighbour and best mate so doubtless he won't let owt happen to him but he definitely didn't look reet to me!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kittwazzer wrote:
gpartin wrote:What job does he do now?
I think he said he is working with disabled/underpriveleged kids.

It struck me that he looked ill to some extent. He seems to have gone down to nothing. His speech was disjointed and he seemed tired or punchy or hungover......

Rad is his neighbour and best mate so doubtless he won't let owt happen to him but he definitely didn't look reet to me!
cheers bud, the impression I got from the advert was that he's someone who is thick as two short mars bars who has abused alcohol all his life.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Gaz. You're work with the Samaritans is really starting to pay off! :lol:
OJ

Post by OJ »

Yes he's some type of carer - I'll have another look at the programme as I recorded it so I could make a dvd for my pal's daughter in New Zealand who just adores him!
I thought he looked ok Kittwazzer and his speech is normally like that, maybe he has a bit of a cleft palate or something like that
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kittwazzer wrote:Gaz. You're work with the Samaritans is really starting to pay off! :lol:
I work with underprivileged kids therefore I'm a genuine decent bloke so ner ner ner ner ner ner :)

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

OJ wrote: I thought he looked ok Kittwazzer and his speech is normally like that, maybe he has a bit of a cleft palate or something like that
Thinking about it, that was possibly the first time I've ever heard him speak!