Nobody mentioned Hock after Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Nobody mentioned Hock after Salford

Post by cpwigan »

Plenty criticising him after a poor game but v Salford, very good stats etc and nobody says squatt :wink:
Wes

Re: Nobody mentioned Hock after Salford

Post by Wes »

You know what they say CP, actions speak louder . . . . . .
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Don't know why I haven't actually. I have done via e-mail and texts though but not posted on here.

He was a major plus for me in that game. Looked a real handful every time he carried the ball and seemed to be able to off load at will (however we didn't always have runners off him). He also tackled well and played plently of minutes.

Could be pushing for a cup final spot IMO. Prescott needs to play on Friday to test his hammy out
missyme65

Post by missyme65 »

the more i see of him the more i unerstand why he was so valued and i think he will go from strength to strength, roll on 2012
softy southerner finds the holy grail...
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

No one mentioned Micky mc either, thought he had a very good game!
Hock surprised me how well he went with the long minutes he played, good to see!
Wigan til i die!!
StarAndy

Post by StarAndy »

“Nobody mentioned Hock after Salford"
HUMBLE PIE CP, it can choke some people.

It would be nice to see comments from those members that voiced their negative opinions on Gaz on here before his comeback.....

We all have opinions but we should always be mature enough to hold our hands up and stand to be corrected when one of our players displays signs of play that can contradict anything we write about them.
Gaz has made his well-documented mistakes but I for one think he will show brilliance in 2012 like we haven’t witnessed from him throughout his career to date.

Salsa Caliente

Post by Salsa Caliente »

The guy made a mistake, but he's done his punishment and as far as I'm concerned it's Page 1 of a new chapter for him.

He's bound to have some ring rust, but when he gets a full pre-season under his belt, he'll be back to his best.

And I'd rather have a slightly underdone Gaz Hock playing for us than against us.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Salsa Caliente wrote:The guy made a mistake, but he's done his punishment and as far as I'm concerned it's Page 1 of a new chapter for him.

He's bound to have some ring rust, but when he gets a full pre-season under his belt, he'll be back to his best.

And I'd rather have a slightly underdone Gaz Hock playing for us than against us.
Well said. I am confident that Hock will have the doubters eating their own words - he's a world class player who obviously needs game time. You don't have to believe me just ask the guys who play with him (or you could read Terry Newton's book)!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Fernando Player

Post by Fernando Player »

I for one can't wait to see him after he's got a full pre-season under his belt, when he's on the same page as the half backs, running on to those Finchy short balls!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Don't care if I sound like a record being stuck, but here it is again.
Gaz hock has the potential to be the worlds best second rower.
After only half a dozen or so games of match fitness he is already giving us glimses of his class.
For those who patiently waited for his return, its been well worth the wait.