Hoff Career Highlight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Hoff Career Highlight

Post by josie andrews »

Ryan Hoffman has played in some huge games back home in Australia which include both State of Origin, playing for the Kangaroos and Grand Finals with the Storm but this weekend playing for Wigan at Wembley is right up there as a career highlight for the strong running second row forward,

"I said to my dad and I've said to other mates that getting the chance to play at Wembley will be up there with the pinnacle of my career.

"To get this chance is something I'm really going to enjoy but I'm also going to make sure I put in a good performance because there's no point going down there if you're not going to play well."

Opponents Leeds have had a bit of a rollercoaster season which included a loss last weekend in London against Harlequins but the two Super League meetings with Wigan couldn't have been closer with a 22 all draw at Headingley and a narrow 26-24 success here at the DW and Ryan is taking no notice of any formbook,

"Both teams are in great form in this competition. Leeds are undefeated in the Challenge Cup this year and so are we. Even in Super League we've had some close tussles with Leeds.

"Favouritism goes out of the window in finals. When you get two class teams playing against each other, it's the team that prepares the best and turns up on the day with the right attitude that will count."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Re: Hoff Career Highlight

Post by cpwigan »

I have heard whispers that Hoff is regretting his decision to go back to Aus at the end of the season.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:I have heard whispers that Hoff is regretting his decision to go back to Aus at the end of the season.

I heard that too, but wasn't sure if it was true or not!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I wouldn't like to say if it was or not Josie BUT I do think the 3 Storm lads have really enjoyed/are enjoying their time here. It is no coincidence all 3 have kicked on in their first season with us. Happy players play well.
Mr Sergent

Post by Mr Sergent »

"Both teams are in great form in this competition. Leeds are undefeated in the Challenge Cup this year and so are we."

Sooooo....just me that's going to highlight the stupidity of this comment then!!!??? :D :D :D
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Mr Sergent wrote: "Both teams are in great form in this competition. Leeds are undefeated in the Challenge Cup this year and so are we."

Sooooo....just me that's going to highlight the stupidity of this comment then!!!??? :D :D :D
Hahaha I get where your coming from MrS but I think he is just highlighting that both teams have played well in the comp whereas in SL Leeds have struggled a lot, but I agree it sounds ridiculous lol!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wes

Post by Wes »

Could he not pull out of going back CP? I know he probably wouldnt as he is a seasoned pro but theoretically could he .... ?