Wigan Warriors plan clear-out

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors plan clear-out

Post by josie andrews »

CHALLENGE Cup finalists Wigan Warriors are set to make several fringe players available.
Inside sources suggest half-back Scott Leatherbarrow, 23, and props Tom Spencer, 20, and Jamie Acton, 20, may move on.

Widnes are aware that half-back Stefan Marsh, 20, wants more first-team outings while Connor Farrell, Andy's 17-year-old cousin, is said to have rejected contract offers.

Wigan points machine Pat Richards is also a run machine. He helped league players beat their union counterparts in the Wooden Spoon annual charity cricket match.

He hit 95 runs in the game in north Wales.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... r-out.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Wigan Warriors plan clear-out

Post by Kittwazzer »

The Sun.

They should stick with tits cos there's nowt else in there worth lookin at. And the tits aren't always that good!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:The Sun.

They should stick with tits cos there's nowt else in there worth lookin at. And the tits aren't always that good!
:lol: :lol:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
doc

Post by doc »

I'd believe it more if they had actually got the players' positions correct.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Inept journalism

Scott Leatherbarrow is not a Wigan player. He has no contract with Wigan. He was released by Wire and Wigan offered him a pay as you play arrangement in order to allow Joe Mellor to go out on loan etc.

Tom Spencer I have no mention of wanting to leave. Jamie Acton is a lad Wigan brought up from London this season.

Stefan Marsh is NOT A halfback. Widnes are not aware of anything, THEY HAVE offered Marsh a 2 year deal which he is thinking over.

Connor Farrell wants out from Wigan. No idea why.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Inept journalism

Scott Leatherbarrow is not a Wigan player. He has no contract with Wigan. He was released by Wire and Wigan offered him a pay as you play arrangement in order to allow Joe Mellor to go out on loan etc.

Tom Spencer I have no mention of wanting to leave. Jamie Acton is a lad Wigan brought up from London this season.

Stefan Marsh is NOT A halfback. Widnes are not aware of anything, THEY HAVE offered Marsh a 2 year deal which he is thinking over.

Connor Farrell wants out from Wigan. No idea why.
Tom Spencer has been a stand out performer for the U20's this season and I see him as a first team player in the next few years.

Jamie Acton has been swapped to the pack in the U20's to improve his tackling technique. I see him as a centre in the Keith Senior mould and again I expect him to make the transition to the top grade.

Connor Farrell is a decent player, not as good as is brother at the same age. It will be interesting to see if he can be developed to the highest standard.

Stefan Marsh has not set the world on fire at Wigan but I think it is worth seeing how he improves under the guidance (again) of Waney.

I cannot see any reason for Wigan offloading these guys unless the player is not happy.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Connor Farrell more than likely going to Wire apparently.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Connor Farrell more than likely going to Wire apparently.
Great move. He'll get regular first team action there! :o
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Connor Farrell more than likely going to Wire apparently.
Great move. He'll get regular first team action there! :o

:roll: :lol: :lol:
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

It's no wonder that some of the youngsters are thinking of moving on if they're not going to get a shot at the 1st team because we're signing the likes of Thomas and Lauaki to block their path.