BBC COVERAGE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
exiled

BBC COVERAGE

Post by exiled »

Sorry if this has been covered, but, today I watched the game from my chair, the game, brilliant, I have now got a massive headache because of all the adrenalin, BBC coverage SH1TE.

After the game all they could go on about was Wigan's favoritism from the officials with the forward pass (yes I think it was) and also the ball that hit Josh off Robbie Burrows Now, I thought if the ball played the man then it was deemed to be the last man that made an attempt for the ball, now as far as I could see Burrows went for the ball and Josh tried to get out of the way hence Wigan got scrum and feed, but watching/listening to Balding, Davies & co it really has taken the shine off it for me bunch of muppett's and has been's.

Just my thought.
yokozuna

Re: BBC COVERAGE

Post by yokozuna »

Coverage was dire.

Camera work terrible and they often showed us someone they were interviewing rather than the match that was going on.

Jonathan Davies is awful as a pundit. He excels in utter tripe. Balding knows nothing about the game so should refrain from commenting on it.

Yes, we scored a try off the back of a forward pass, but so did they. It happens.

I'm sure we won both halves of the game, but according to their comments Leeds trounced us in the second half.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

Just watching it now the camera work is rubbish, I hate ganson but how is he supposed to do a proper job with crap camera angles, as for the pundits no comment
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

That Jonathan Davies talks total drivell, biased ref my back side, even noble was on the whinos side, so glad we shoved it up em, in your face ya mupets
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Just found this:
BBC Sport's Gerald Scott at Wembley: "Just 45 minutes from kick-off and Wembley's filling up nicely . . . but red is clearly the predominant colour! Not only are Wembley's plastic seats all red in colour, but Wigan appear to have at least double Leeds' support!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 574171.stm
OJ

Post by OJ »

The commentary team at the end gave the impression they were all gutted that we won. I wish there hadn't been any controversy myself but such things happen, The pass to Lima, aka Danny if you listen to John Kear, may well have been a bit forward (certainly not the metre that Brian Noble claimed) but they keep telling us you play to the whistle in this game and that is what we did - it was up to the Leeds players to tackled Jeff and stop him. End of.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

John Kear is always against us. I hate that we used to pay him a wage. If he were a man of principle, he wouldn't have coached for us as he clearly hates us.

The OP is right. Leeds deliberately played that ball and we did not - our feed. Mossop's pass looked well forward but, under the momentum rule (don't like this rule, but it's there), it was actually just a fraction forward. I thought the penalty which gave possession for their last try was harsh. Appeared to me thst the tackler grabbed the back of his shirt collar.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

The coverage was not half of what the quarter and semi's were ... the camera angles were awful and it wasn't just cos I was watching on a stream ...
As for the 'experts' I thought Justin Morgan was the only one who was 'fair', Nobby was going out of his way to be impartial and Jonathan Davies must have thought he could only be seen from the waist up with his feet all over the table - very sloppy ... :eusa9: and then to add insult to injury with what he said ... and I used to have time for him ....
John Kear has slipped back down in my estimation - and Dave Woods ... just feeding the bitter anti Wigan brigade more bile .... :eusa4:
And had someone told Claire Baldin her favourite gee gee had fallen - she was so sombre and miserable at the end I wanted to tweet her to tell her to cheer up! :eusa1:

I was so glad I could watch it though - and what made it extra special was sharing it with my mate in Aus over skype - its been nearly 4 years since we were at the stadium together ... and at times it was like we were back with the rest of you ... :sati:
(I'd like to apologise to the people of Glenfield, Auckland for all the shouting going on at stupid o'clock this morning :hehe: )

Was great to hear the fans still singing in the background though during the 'inquest' ... I mean summing up ... have they left the stadium yet? :eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa2:

But hey ... WE WON!!!! :eusa18: :lol1:
kick it int duggie again

Post by kick it int duggie again »

watching it now and Kear as just called Jeff Lima, Danny Lima, yorkshire dick that he is.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

kick it int duggie again wrote:watching it now and Kear as just called Jeff Lima, Danny Lima, yorkshire dick that he is.
He called him Danny twice! Not getting the Lance Todd Trophy winner's name right really isn't good.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."