biggest load of drival ive ever heard and seen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cockney

biggest load of drival ive ever heard and seen

Post by cockney »

"and i guess thats a difficult thing for these players to cope with jonathon,it really is,its hard enough for thses players losing a cup final,but when youre sitting there thinking you shouldnt have done because of the referee"
claire balding

and the bbc post match analysis? claire balding banging on for half an hour saying leeds were robbed.

all credit to mcdermott

TrueBlueWarrior

Re: biggest load of drival ive ever heard and seen

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

This is the bottom line Wigan Challenge Cup winners 2011 and Leeds losing finalists, that is all that will ultimately be remembered.

Agree fair play to Bri Mc!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brian McDermott is the only one to come out of this farce with his dignity intact.

Well done Brian, he didn't use any of the excuses that the rest of them used.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

That's what you get when an organisation puts political correctness ahead of quality when choosing their commentary team.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
OJ

Post by OJ »

josie andrews wrote:Brian McDermott is the only one to come out of this farce with his dignity intact.

Well done Brian, he didn't use any of the excuses that the rest of them used.

Correct. Leeds played very well and deserve some credit for that and I don't blame him for being annoyed at the way the media had written them off so casually, they were never going to lay down and die like so many so called pundits were predicting. Shame all the other bickering over four fifths of beggar all is taking the gloss of such a great day.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Brian Mc criticised the media for not giving his team a chance. His own teams supporters must have felt the same otherwise there would have been many more in attendance.
Look at yourself before criticising others Brian.
Nevertheless, I thought they tried hard and kept Sam T under some control.
Sam Panapa ate me pie

Post by Sam Panapa ate me pie »

Awful bias in the commentary I thought.

I was more annoyed by the token yorks commentator saying 'Oh my God (about 7 times like all the Yorks inbreds do OOoeeerrr mmmmaahhh God) this match will be remembered for that decision' when it will be remembered for Joel's classic try.

The BBC/RFL Yorks bias is a sick joke.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I am very critical of Stevo and Hemmings on Sky but that commentary was absolutely awful on BBC.They got names wrong ,plays wrong and were obviously bias towards us,but who cares we have the cup again