Thoughts on the Wire game ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Thoughts on the Wire game ?

Post by cpwigan »

On paper we should lose. Wire have had 2 weeks rest / training. We have had a few days, been on the beer etc but oddly I still think we can beat them.
southernpie

Re: Thoughts on the Wire game ?

Post by southernpie »

They could be without Morley, Westwood and Solomona, we could be having a hangover, Mossop and Charnley dodgy through injury and how is the skipper? Then Hock, Goulding, Roberts, O'Carroll and Marsh possible cover..oooh my nerves will be on edge.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Nowt ont telly so I flicked on the QF game:

“Interestingly, Warrington haven't conceded a single point in the competition so far. Admittedly, they've only played Keighley and Swinton, but they have conceded a point a minute so far”

Gentlemen. I need say no more! :D
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Kittwazzer wrote:“Interestingly, Warrington haven't conceded a single point in the competition so far. Admittedly, they've only played Keighley and Swinton, but they have conceded a point a minute so far”
We could do with a similar start again this weekend before the effects of the Final and the beer kick in in the later stages.
Personally, I think the players are getting mentally tougher week on week and winning is now becoming a habit.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I'd rather just get through with a healthy squad to the playoffs... we will probably be at home anyway and wire wont pick us when it comes to it.

1st or 2nd doesnt matter. With the points Wolves have scored being #1 probably deservedly so. :eh:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

My problem is that I believe the true champions are those that win the hub cap and the GF so 1st matters to me, even though in reality it is not important.
jimmybob2006

Post by jimmybob2006 »

I think Wigan will be right up for it this Sunday even after the events at wembley.They will want to Finnish on a high for Madge and with Hock ready to rumble after missing out on a wembley place. On Saturday Wigan looked that they still could go up a gear.It's all on for Sunday but we will WIN!!!!!!!
botica

Post by botica »

I'm with you CP, i want to finish top!!

Additionally I don't want Warrington to beat us home and away! I couldn't bear it!!!
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

What chances of a draw? That should be good enough to clinch 1st place
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:My problem is that I believe the true champions are those that win the hub cap and the GF so 1st matters to me, even though in reality it is not important.
Same here. The hubcap is considered the least important of the 3 yet the winners are the season's most successful team!