Re: Is our beloved game corrupt?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

While there is a tendance for a refs interpretation of events seemingly causing an imballance in the decissions to say it was corruption would leave both person and site owner in a tricky position legally so care must be taken. The sooner we go to two refs the better. One cannot control line, ten yards, and be all seeing. It is a fact that some teams intimadate refs. The farse was Ganson in the playoffs, if that was down to poor reffing his licence should be withdrawn. Are refs tested for Drugs and Alcohol? If not time they were. Ganson was our top ref but that performance should see him retired, I love the sport but when a ref sets out to influence a match or play to the cameras sorry, the sport is going like wrestling. If people are putting money on a sport that is unduly influenced in one teams favour police should take an interest. Jim
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

How does this thread differ from CPs?
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Kittwazzer wrote:How does this thread differ from CPs?
it doesnt and i dont see what the original poster is getting at or trying to achieve, as HC and other posters have said, care must be taken as this is a legal minefield and i would not like to see the site owner for any member of the site embroiled in litigation of any kind.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The RFL are corrupt. The RFL choose if they want to take action or not based on whether or not that club/person has rattled their cage. They IMO turn a blind eye to almost everything as long as you kissed their behinds.

The RFL pay Gareth Thomas salary and offer him exempt from the salary cap is CORRUPT. The RFL were in the Crusaders, when it moved from S.Wales for months before it withdrew its SL application and knew nothing. Garbage. CORRUPT. Players are told before disciplinary hearings to plead guilty and you will get X punishment. Come the hearing they get X punishment. CORRUPT. The referral process is a joke. So many illegal challenges do not even get referred.

Some clubs IMO (No proof, just common sense) breach the cap. Warrington. Yet, the RFL does nothing. They never will as the scandal would be horrific for the RFL. CORRUPT IMO

Officiating. Far too often, match officials, decisions favour 1 team to a ridiculous extent. It is not just decisions but the every play discreet decisions. One team lies up offside, wrestles, delays the next POTB whereas the other team are taken back further, not allowed to complete tackles and forced to get up faster and faster. Even the language used changes sometimes.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

CP. Will you please get off that fence and say what you really think! :lol:
doc

Post by doc »

The draws for the latter stages of the challenge cup have been fixed for years. I can look at what teams are left in the quaters and semis and predicy the draw most years.

Didn't they have to redo the draw a few years ago after some cock-up?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

When the Barrow Raiders breach hits full swing dont be surprised to see a big knock on effect to any club with underhand dealings, irrespective of how the RFL are trying to protect them.
The people running Barrow know how other clubs are dealing underhand and will be asking some very serious questions.
pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

I have thought for years that the RFL and anyone associated with them dont like Wigan, due to the dominance of the 80's and 90's.

Wigan always seem to get the rough end of things, we even got done for THINKING about breaching the salary cap.

Maybe I am just paranoid !
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

There have been many times, pre Madge, when I have considered that I could not justify spending money to attend another game of RL on the basis that I was regularly returning home from matches in a fury as it had been clear that a Wigan victory simply was not an option.

Too many to recall but one against Catalan springs to mind where they had had any number of ludicrous decisions and won it with a knock on from a bomb on the last play of the match. One dofgy decision in a game is the sort of thing that happens but 4 or 5 tries down to the ref is cortuption. Refereeing two sides differently throughout a match is corrupt. How many times have you seen us taken back 13 yards (Sunday) and the opposition form a line two yards in front of the referee? How often have you seen teams commit one offence all afternoon (lying on or not square) then at a crucial time he will penalise us for it when they're in our 20?

In recent years, we havd seen the phenomenon of the RL's chosen team of the year where it seems clear from decisions throughout the season that onr team has been chosen to get s high finish. Catalan and Hull KR in recent years.

When the likes of Hetherington can operate on an anti Wigan agenda and referees who have expressed a dislike for Wigan can referee our matches then clearly we have to work a lot harder for success than other teams.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

I agree with the majority of points raised in this thread, but looking from the outside in most other teams will say and do say that we get away with loads and that the refs our all on our side …… we both cant be right, can we ?
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing