captaincy again

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
hayley 04

captaincy again

Post by hayley 04 »

I don't like to critisize any Wigan player but Sean O Loughlin is not a consistantly good player. I have supported Wigan for over 15 years and he is certainly not one of our better players. Has anyone stopped to remember what a terrible season for injuries Danny Orr had last year. He certainly is more involved in a game than Sean O Loughlin ever is and his tackling is second to none. Much as I adore this club i sometimes feel that if Sean O Loughlin wasn't related to our wonderful captain, Andrew Farrell, then maybe he wouldn't be playing for us at all. The only fault I can find with Danny Orr is that he tries too hard.
wigan_babe_13

Re: captaincy again

Post by wigan_babe_13 »

I admit that I wasn't Sean's biggest fan when he first came into the squad in 2002 but I must say that he has grown on me an awful lot in the past couple of seasons and he is one of the best players in our squad this year! He's not classed as a youngster anymore, he's 22, a fully established member of the Superleague, a GB international and an all-round solid, consistant player! He has his 'off' games as do all the players but generally he is in our top 5 players every week!

I think you should support the whole squad from 1-28, all the lads are fighting for the same cause - to win a Grand Final with Wigan!!! Get behind them all and stop knocking them!!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

well its an opinion. i personaly thing sean would walk into just about any super leauge team and that is why he was included in the G.B. squad as one of the best british players.as for not being up to the captaincy well im not sure if you are aware of the fact the last team he captained is in the guinness book of records for not losing a game for 5 years. i think it was john rigby college but i may be wrong on that bit. im sure you will grow to like him a bit more with time. the lad is young and he is still learning. :doz:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Rhino.

Post by Rhino. »

:conf:
Is it just me or does Shaun do more per game then any other forward. Next game look who is near the play of the ball. Wait till he gets a bit of meat on him. WORLD BEATER. SONNY BILL WHO?????
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

And Faz was only around 21 when he took over as captain.