4 Nations Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
100% Warrior

4 Nations Final

Post by 100% Warrior »

Nice one, Eddie :angry:

"Australia have lost momentum" then next play they go and score.

He doesn't half come out with some drivel.
bourbon_rat

Re: 4 Nations Final

Post by bourbon_rat »

Even Stevo & Brian sounds tired of the drivel :doz:
Have to say after watching the 1st half that England are very lucky to be down only two points.
And I wonder if McBanana will whine about a bias Aussie ref :roll:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Fair play to Rangi Chase singing the anthem before the game!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Stevo thinks Australia are going to run it with 18 seconds to half time :eusa4:
I love the way he then tries to justify this delusion. Sky really need to get somebody who can do a decent job and get rid of the chuckle brothers
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

They are like a bunch of fellas in the pub talking among themselves & that's the lot of them they are all bloody awful commentators :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Fair play to Rangi Chase singing the anthem before the game!
Yeah I thought so too, Widdop & Reed also :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Same old story, we can match them for about 60 minutes then the floodgates begin to open.

We're lucky it hasn't been more convincing as they bossed the 1st half. There's been no improvement since McNamara took charge, if we want to make an impact at the 2013 World Cup he has to go.

Another factor is rugby league is a national sport in Australia not here so we have very little chance of closing the gap anytime soon.
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

I never expected anything different to be honest. McNamara thinks picking players to play out of position is the way forward. Sinfield isn't a stand off, Westwood isn't a loose forward. He leaves Widdop who has played stand off all season on the bench and then brings him on at scrum half. I know it's already been done to death, but that's my tuppence worth
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

i'm spartacus wrote:I never expected anything different to be honest. McNamara thinks picking players to play out of position is the way forward. Sinfield isn't a stand off, Westwood isn't a loose forward. He leaves Widdop who has played stand off all season on the bench and then brings him on at scrum half. I know it's already been done to death, but that's my tuppence worth
It's a fair point. National coaches seem to lose any common sense they may have had had and pick the best 17. By that I mean if the best 17 in players England were all wingers we'd have and England side with wingers from 1 to 17.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Nice speech by Lockyer, farewell to a legend of the sport.