Shirts Smash Sales Records

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Shirts Smash Sales Records

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors new 2012 replica shirt could become the best selling Wigan shirt of all time.

The traditional design, which has been produced by the Warriors new Apparel Partner ISC, has been a real hit with fans with over 5,000 shirts already sold since it was launched just over 5 weeks ago, an increase of 37% on last year for the month of December.

Speaking about the news Marketing Director Simon Collinson said:

"Whilst it received mixed reviews from supporters, last season's home shirt became one of the biggest selling Warriors shirts on record. Through feedback and research we knew that the return to simple cherry & white hoops would also prove popular but sales to date have been phenomenal and beyond our expectations, exceeding last years records. We are already on our third drop of shirts from ISC who have worked overtime to deliver extra shirts for us and we are due another batch soon.

"For the first time in recent memory we have been able to launch both shirts in good time for Christmas and the away shirt has also been flying off the shelves.

"We are confident that if trends continue, both shirts will prove to be amongst the most popular of all time.

"Warriors World has been very busy over the last few weeks as more gift items arrive in stock alongside shirts and the new ISC Training Range and we would like to thank all of our fans for their continued support."

Both home and away replica shirts can be purchased from Warriors World in the Grand Arcade in Wigan town centre, adult shirts are priced at £47, juniors £35 and toddler sizes available for just £30. Warriors World is open between 9am-8pm on Thursday, 9am-6pm on Friday, and 9am-4pm on Saturday (Christmas Eve).

The shop has had a new delivery of home shirts today and all sizes are now available in store.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 677&type=1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
First Try Tickle

Re: Shirts Smash Sales Records

Post by First Try Tickle »

Saw the shirt for the first time last night, the shirt looks great, but the wigan badge is shocking.

I've got shirts that have got proper embroidered badges, but this one looks like it might fall off in the wash.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

First Try Tickle wrote:Saw the shirt for the first time last night, the shirt looks great, but the wigan badge is shocking.

I've got shirts that have got proper embroidered badges, but this one looks like it might fall off in the wash.
Not been up North to see the shirt yet, but they've got a nerve charging £47:00 if the badge is just ironed on.
Was looking forward to getting a "proper" Wigan shirt again, but may stick with my 1985 replica.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Will the shirts continually have the Micky Mouse badges instead of proper embroidered badges.
If they do then I will be returning mine after Christmas.
Its a poor effort and should have been picked up in quality checks before they were released.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Got my new away shirt as a delightful present from my non rugby loving wife. Will be proud to wear it up at the pub today. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone.Not long to wait now for the new season. :D
simmy1

Post by simmy1 »

intresting about shirts selling so many...i bought 4 for xmas for myself and family and all gone back after 1st was badge came off even though washed on low temp guy in shop said he was fed up giving refunds for the same thing...cheap work once again and at £47 bad value for money ...wont be buying replacements will get the replica shirts instead ...guy in shop said club went concerned with amount of refunds they had given out
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

:conf: The shirt I got - "THANX IAN" doesn't have an embroidered badge but the badge it does have is well stitched on !!
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

simmy1 wrote:intresting about shirts selling so many...i bought 4 for xmas for myself and family and all gone back after 1st was badge came off even though washed on low temp guy in shop said he was fed up giving refunds for the same thing...cheap work once again and at £47 bad value for money ...wont be buying replacements will get the replica shirts instead ...guy in shop said club went concerned with amount of refunds they had given out
Exactly the same as the Stains shirts bought for the girls at home, badges coming off on the coolest wash option.
Totally unacceptable and ISC should be ashamed of the rubbish they are producing.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bloody hell, not even worn mine yet, so had no need to wash it. I hope I don't have this problem!!! :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

buy a toddler one like i did
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame