Handicap Betting

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Gizmo_Edwards

Handicap Betting

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

Each week the bookies offer a handicap coupon which you can play for all 7 super league ties. For anyone who does not understand Handicap betting here is a guide:

Handicap betting is increasingly popular in rugby league. In simple terms, one of the two sides is generally given a ‘head start’ in terms of the number of points. Odds are then offered based on that ‘head start’. This sort of betting is often called ‘Asian Handicap’ betting, after the region where it originated.

Example

Wigan Warriors(-2.0) 10/11 v ST Helens (+2.0) 5/6

You are probably wondering what that all means. Let us explain it to you.
In this example, the bookmaker is giving Saints a 2 point ‘head start’ in this match. That is represented by the ‘-2.0’ against Wigan Warriors and the ‘+2.0’ against St Helens.

The figures next to the handicap are the odds in decimal form. Wigan's odds of 1.93 are equivalent to ‘0.93 to 1’ or about 10/11. Saints’ odds of 1.88 are equivalent to ‘0.88 to 1’ or about 5/6.

You therefore place your stake on either side to win at those odds.

If you put £10 on Wigan at 1.93 and they win by three points or more, you win. If Wigan win by two points, your stake will generally be refunded (unless the “Handicap Draw” option is available). If Wigan win by one point, you lose (as this market gave Saints a 2 point head start, so Saints ‘win’ 12-11). Again, if the match is a draw or Saints win the match, you lose.

If you put £10 on Saints at 1.88 and they win the match, if it is a draw, or Wigan win by one point, you win. If Wigan win by two goals, your stake will generally be refunded (again, unless the “Handicap Draw” option is available). If Wigan win by three or more points, you lose.

Wigan Rugby League Fans:- the jackpot winners in rugby league life...
Gizmo_Edwards

Re: Handicap Betting

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

This weeks Coupon is as follows:

Hud beat Cas by 18
Salford lose to Leeds by 12
Bradford lose to Saints by 8
Catalans beat Hull kr by 16
Hull beat Widnes by 24
Warrington beat Wakefield by 28
Wigan beat London by 24
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

I do the coupon every week but i only back Wigan,i put £30 on each game i have a bet on,i lost the first one against Huddersfield,then won the next four,on Sunday my son went to the betting shop for me and he phoned, me back to say Wigan were minus 36,then i seen the Wigan team and told him not to bother,i was listening the game and after five minutes i said to myself you stupid bugger when they were 12 nil up i thought they were going to romp it but they fell apart,i will be backing them this week against the Broncos unless he plays a weakened team again but i doubt it.
Gizmo_Edwards

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

Yeh BB do you mind me asking what you won of the £30 stakes.

I have tried an accumalator on all 7 fixtures of a £10 stake but aint won yet!!

jobo

Post by jobo »

Gizmo_Edwards wrote:Yeh BB do you mind me asking what you won of the £30 stakes.

I have tried an accumalator on all 7 fixtures of a £10 stake but aint won yet!!
You normally get 10/11 if you take the points, so for £30, you'd win £27.27p, plus your stake back of course.

You're better off not doing accumulators. Bookies love em. The odds against picking 7 results are huge, much more than they are actually priced at.

bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

My post as been answered,when they played Catalans i only got 4-5 from William Hill but they was only giving 8 start,on Betfred they were giving 12 start thats were i usually put my bet on,so i was £3-27 out of pocket to what i usually get.£57-27
Gizmo_Edwards

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

So last week the bookies got 6 of 7 fixtures correct, Bradford beating Saints being the "shock" result.

This weekends fixture predictions are as follows:

Wigan beat Wire by 4
Bradford beat Salford by 10
Hull KR lose to Huddersfield by 6
Widnes lose to London by 8
Cas lose to Hull by 12
Wakey lose to Catalans by 10
Saints lose to Leeds by 2

Anyone got any tips??
jobo

Post by jobo »

Gizmo_Edwards wrote:So last week the bookies got 6 of 7 fixtures correct, Bradford beating Saints being the "shock" result.

This weekends fixture predictions are as follows:

Wigan beat Wire by 4
Bradford beat Salford by 10
Hull KR lose to Huddersfield by 6
Widnes lose to London by 8
Cas lose to Hull by 12
Wakey lose to Catalans by 10
Saints lose to Leeds by 2

Anyone got any tips??
I didn't have a bet last week how many were Wigan giving Broncos???

Wouldn't touch Wigan this week. We'll hopefully beat them but giving them 4 is a tough call, could go either way. Wakey could do it especially with a 10 points start. Reckon Leeds and Hull look good value, along with Broncos.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

Wigan were giving London 26 start and i lost £30 on them,i will be backing them tomorrow £30 giving 4 start,Wigan are scoring plenty of tries but at the same time they are letting plenty in.
Gizmo_Edwards

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

Am i correct in that the bookies only got 1 out of 7 fixtures right last week...

Hull beat castleford. All the other 6 fixtures went against the odds.

Here is this weeks coupon:

Cas lose to Hull KR by 6
Hull beat Bradford by 12
Leeds beat Huddersfield by 6
Salford lose to Wigan by 12
Warrington beat Saints by 6
Catalans beat Widnes by 22
London lose to Wakefield by 2

Any tips for this weekends matches??