Re: Soward linked with Wigan ?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'd find this story more credible had it not been for the fact that Bret has already confirmed his desire to stay here. If we don't re-sign him I'm damn sure some other SL club will!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:I'd find this story more credible had it not been for the fact that Bret has already confirmed his desire to stay here. If we don't re-sign him I'm damn sure some other SL club will!
Me too Kitt, we were only discussing this after the Easter Monday game.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Bilko reported yesterday that NRL on Fox have linked Soward with Wigan.

With Roberts, Tommy and more than likely Fielden off the cap at the end of the year and we don't need any more forwards or wingers. And as Josie has already been aware of on Facebook, I will get my todger out if Jamie Soward signs for Wigan :lol:
Up The Mont!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wes

Post by Wes »

Hey PM what a highlights video!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Thought this was just a way for Sowards agent to up the ante and get more dosh out of SGI for their man. It now seems like it could actually happen. Hope it does because he's class.

Finch and Soward half-backs, linked with the forwards we've got, happy days.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Shaun Wane guest on radio Manchester RL programme this evening and was asked by a listener about the Soward rumour.

Said not even discussed him with IL as got Finch for next season plus all the other local youngsters coming through who will be staking their claims.

May have been a smokescreen but Wane at least is honest and forthright with his answer, so this does appear a rumour and nothing more. I'm quite happy with finch and with his vast experience he'll be able to help along these younsters like Mellor and Russell, etc. to become fully established SL players for Wigan.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Nezza Faz wrote:Shaun Wane guest on radio Manchester RL programme this evening and was asked by a listener about the Soward rumour.

Said not even discussed him with IL as got Finch for next season plus all the other local youngsters coming through who will be staking their claims.

May have been a smokescreen but Wane at least is honest and forthright with his answer, so this does appear a rumour and nothing more. I'm quite happy with finch and with his vast experience he'll be able to help along these younsters like Mellor and Russell, etc. to become fully established SL players for Wigan.
So Brett is getting a new contract? :)
markill

Post by markill »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:Shaun Wane guest on radio Manchester RL programme this evening and was asked by a listener about the Soward rumour.

So Brett is getting a new contract? :)
That would be better than getting Soward. Soward does have an incredible kicking game though, much better than what we have and as good as anyone in the game possibly - hilarious pre-conversion dance aside
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

29wes28 wrote:Hey PM what a highlights video!
It shows Soward better than I initially thought he was 29wes28.
In the past he's been blasted for poor skills level and poor defence, but he shows plenty of skills in the highlights vid.
Soward also had a kicking comp against Daniel Halangahu of the New South Wales Waratahs RU and beat him hands down, see the link.
Would love to see the Chicken Dance at the DW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1oPABOWcAg