Disappointed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Disappointed

Post by Mike »

I thought our performance was very poor tonight. What worried me most was the way Wakefield dominated the match in terms of gaining yards in their sets. They looked a lot more powerfull, but more importantly they were more inventive. Moran was very anonymous when things were going badly, just when we needed him to step up and take control of the match.

Our disapline was appauling - starting with Newtons first tackle of the match. A lot of the penalties we gave away were fair (not all though). We need to "play smart" and stop giving the opposition easy yards.

Despite all this we did get close to a win, but once again bombed a good chance due to poor descision making. So many times in the match we made a break and imediately lost the ball.

On the plus side, Vaealiki showed promise in the second half and Orr had a lively match. Godwin also showed some good running from dummy half.

These are the matches we used to win - sneak a victory despite playing poorly - but it doesn't look like we have enough character or brains out there to get over the winning line in tight matches.

Bring back Faz - we need a leader. :(
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
GeoffN

Re: Disappointed

Post by GeoffN »

Good summing up, Mike. Haven't watched the video yet but my impression was of a lack of teamwork, rather than poor individual performances. Fair enough, perhaps, given all the new faces.
I agree Moran was disappointing, but on the plus side I was impressed with Colbon and Allen, and I thought Vaialiki showed a big improvement over last week. I'm tending more and more to the idea that Rads is in the wrong position to be captain, though.

We certainly were outplayed up front. Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but we seem to be short of props. :roll:
mario

Post by mario »

Don't think any of the new signings were up to much.
Best we had on show was the lads that have come through the academy and they will be the first that Mo will show the door so that we can sign another c£$p overseas player!
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Very Disappointing. Thought Moran was non-existant and not surprised he was replaced. Thought Vaeliki had a cracking second half and the youngsters did very well. Thought Seuseu and Newton gave away too many penalties.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

GeoffN posted:
Good summing up, Mike. Haven't watched the video yet but my impression was of a lack of teamwork, rather than poor individual performances. Fair enough, perhaps, given all the new faces.
I agree Moran was disappointing, but on the plus side I was impressed with Colbon and Allen, and I thought Vaialiki showed a big improvement over last week. I'm tending more and more to the idea that Rads is in the wrong position to be captain, though.

We certainly were outplayed up front. Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but we seem to be short of props. :roll:
Good summary geoff but i feel as though Radlinski played very well tonight. He led the team with great running and well you cant say anything about his defence because it was just amazing.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Absolutely. As a player he was superb, as always. I just feel he was too far away, simply because of his position, to be involved in directing tactics as a captain. Might change my mind on that when I watch the video, but that's how it looked at the ground.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

GeoffN posted:
Absolutely. As a player he was superb, as always. I just feel he was too far away, simply because of his position, to be involved in directing tactics as a captain. Might change my mind on that when I watch the video, but that's how it looked at the ground.
i think your right geoffN we needed a leader in the thick of things but yes rads had his usual top notch game
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

waterside glens posted:
GeoffN posted:
i think your right geoffN we needed a leader in the thick of things but yes rads had his usual top notch game
Yes but a leader does not desert the troops do they.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

thegimble posted:
waterside glens posted:
GeoffN posted:
Yes but a leader does not desert the troops do they.
a bit harsh on faz :o
sexy wigan babe

Post by sexy wigan babe »

hello ppl duz any1 no how brian carney is ??? :conf:
WiGaN WaRrIoRs TiL I DiE !!!!!!!!!