Charnley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Charnley

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Josh off in England v exiles with calf injury, bloody hope just precaution
Panchitta Marra

Re: Charley

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Noticed it was Josh's right calf that was bandaged up for the game yet his left calf was getting treated by the sponge man on the touchline, lets hope its a light knock to the muscle and not a pull or a tear.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I don't think CHARNLEY'S injury will be anything serious.

Just a few things from tonight's game:-

After watching SOO this morning then this tonight, any comparison is absolutely laughable, no atmosphere, no crowd, no intensity, limited ability, one terrible coach blah blah blah.

Jon Wilkin captain????

Time of year the games are played????

These 2 fixtures have done nothing but hinder our chances of success!

Forget Matty Smith, give me Daniel Holdsworth instead.

McNamara? I just want to slap him all over.

The whole thing needs bombing off! I could go on further but that is enough for now!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I don't think CHARNLEY'S injury will be anything serious.

Just a few things from tonight's game:-

After watching SOO this morning then this tonight, any comparison is absolutely laughable, no atmosphere, no crowd, no intensity, limited ability, one terrible coach blah blah blah.

Jon Wilkin captain????

Time of year the games are played????

These 2 fixtures have done nothing but hinder our chances of success!

Forget Matty Smith, give me Daniel Holdsworth instead.

McNamara? I just want to slap him all over.

The whole thing needs bombing off! I could go on further but that is enough for now!!
You could have said what you really mean lol
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Cow yeds I was being reserved and diplomatic, I could go on all night haha, so frustrated!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Cow yeds I was being reserved and diplomatic, I could go on all night haha, so frustrated!!
Then please continue. You are far more interesting than what's on my telly! :angry:
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

Fully agree. I like the concept, but in practice it doesn't work. How can they recreate the intensity and passion of a real international when one team doesn't have a set of fans!? Exilia isn't a place, i haven't seen a single person wearing a shirt, and hence, lack of atmosphere, and lack of player commitment.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Couldn't agree more. Charnley seems to just have had a knock and stated that he should be ok for Sunday but yeah the game itself. What a damp squib played in front of about 43 absent minded supporters.

Even Wiggy was questioning the relevance of the fixture and whether it was worth having.
From the attendance over both games it's a resounding 'NO' .

He also had a bit of a back handed pop at Wigan by bigging up the likes of Tony Smith and Mike Rush for allowing their players to play. He really is a corperate idiot.

I like TEW found the while thing laughable and after watching SOO this morning, we could not be further ends of the spectrum. Even with a dedicated season to prepare for the 2013 world cup, we still wouldn't win such is the gulf in class between here and there.
We HAVE to stop trying to be something we're not and celebrate what we have.
After this and the talk of Bradford's woes all I could feel tonight was jyst how bad a state the game over here is and how much better it is in Oz. :conf:
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Ron Doran

Re: Charley (Orv even Charnley)

Post by Ron Doran »

TrueBlueWarrior - I agree with most of what you say.Those players in the SOO are awesome.(The first player who had the awesome name tagged to him was Kevin Iro, in my mind). Could you imagine the likes of Burrow from Leeds, who ridiculously has been linked to WW, would he hasve lasted 1 minute or less?
My best advice to the English coach who may be in charge in 2013 'Don't turn up'
E.& O.E.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Whatever happens we will get battered by the aussies... Always will until our game here changes. We can play a team of Hanleys and it wouldnt matter
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame