Re: Corruption.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
kevoakes

Post by kevoakes »

Does anyone no what Josh Perry got for using Lima's head as a landing pad.
No doubt that went unoticed
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Corruption is a very strong word. Weakness is more like it IMO. That Child's seems to have sent MM off on the say so of the video ref when he didn't see it and his touch judge said it was OK is weak refereeing. It doesn't matter if Ganson was right or wrong or if MM deserved sending off or not. The problem is the ref is supposed to be in charge not the video ref.

Had MM been put on report the outcome could have been the same ban-wise but that isn't the point either.

The reaction of Ganson is akin to what you would have expected from a Saints fan not an official. Oh wait a minute....
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

kevoakes wrote:Does anyone no what Josh Perry got for using Lima's head as a landing pad.
No doubt that went unoticed
No charge!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

DaveO wrote:Corruption is a very strong word. Weakness is more like it IMO. That Child's seems to have sent MM off on the say so of the video ref when he didn't see it and his touch judge said it was OK is weak refereeing. It doesn't matter if Ganson was right or wrong or if MM deserved sending off or not. The problem is the ref is supposed to be in charge not the video ref.

Had MM been put on report the outcome could have been the same ban-wise but that isn't the point either.

The reaction of Ganson is akin to what you would have expected from a Saints fan not an official. Oh wait a minute....
well said GOD,

The problem was highlighted in another post that if soon to retire players were to take up the challenge of being a referee i think the refereeing standard would improve, they would comand a level of respect from players on the park coz they have been there and done it, but until this lack of experience is addressed then the standard will go nowhere, it has to start with cummins, he was an average referee at best and was promoted to head of refereeing standards, what a flaming joke. Cummins needs to go and take the granny basher ganson with him
grahamwarrior

Post by grahamwarrior »

james child is only a linesman who can`t do that proper as well !he was taking word from a referee . the best thing all supporters of all the super league clubs can do is everyone get together sign a petition and get CUMMINGS OUT !!!! he was no good as a referee either!! and get greg mccallum back.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The standard of match officials has gone worse and the person to blame is Stuart Cummings who was no better match official himself. As for the the disciplinary system, this is a complete farce as from week to week on the RFL website you see players being cited for nothing offences while others who commit a bad offence get off with a 'no charge' verdict except if you are a certain player or play for a certain club.
BriH

Post by BriH »

I have to agree with everything that as been said - specifically wrt to the RFL.
I, and others on this site, have voiced our concern about the RFL becoming a 'Red Hall Mafia'.
Scummings is useless: if he was so good why are there so many complaints about the standard of refereeing?
In regard to the disciplinary panel, the biggest gripe is a perceived lack of consistency. In other words 'A Law for one and a different Law for someone else'.
As I said in a previous post where I quoted the late, great Jack Gibson, "Rugby League must be very resilient to survive the idiots who run it!"
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

i have always said the problem is the the RFL has no pressure from media to get things right. If this was in a wendyball game the press would have jumped all over this. The RFL have no one to answer to and no one is watching them :angry:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:i have always said the problem is the the RFL has no pressure from media to get things right. If this was in a wendyball game the press would have jumped all over this. The RFL have no one to answer to and no one is watching them :angry:
That is something I have thought for a while and not just about disciplinary matters. Nigel Woods is in my opinion basically inept but he seemingly has a job for life. Cummings the same.
BriH

Post by BriH »

DaveO wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:i have always said the problem is the the RFL has no pressure from media to get things right. If this was in a wendyball game the press would have jumped all over this. The RFL have no one to answer to and no one is watching them :angry:
That is something I have thought for a while and not just about disciplinary matters. Nigel Woods is in my opinion basically inept but he seemingly has a job for life. Cummings the same.
Couldn't agree more