A simple question...???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gizmo_Edwards

A simple question...???

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

This may be seen as jumping the gun... but assuming all results go "to form". We beat Catalans, Wire beat Saints... then the following week Leeds and Saints come through.

As the highest team we would have club call.

So the simple question is SAINTS OR LEEDS???

For people who do not know this game would be on home turf, if as stated previously all games go the way expected. Also the team we do not pick would play Wire at HJ.

This is undoubtedly an oxymoron as this is not a simple decision, which ultimately our whole season could hang upon. Wire found this out at their peril last year.

I have been thinking of this for weeks and keep changing my mind, but overall i think we should pick Saints and risk the potential egg on our faces.

This is mainly because although roby is workman like, I do not really rate their players as good as leeds', albeit final league positioning.

I think the likes of Sinfield, Peacock, Hall, McGuire and Burrow know how to win ugly and can win games they are second best in. Also I would like to see how Wire would cope with the potential De-ja-vu of being knocked out again at HJ by leeds...

Hopefully Catalans will get through and save us this tough decision as we would surely pick to play them again in week 3.

Thoughts???

Don't think you have to give long-winded answers.... simply SAINTS is acceptable!
Wigan Rugby League Fans:- the jackpot winners in rugby league life...
jolleymike

Re: A simple question...???

Post by jolleymike »

Saints, without a doubt, after todays RFL hearing i think we should show them just what our team is made of and take the stains to the cleaners :D

Gizmo_Edwards

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

Only thing with this option, and im playing devils advocate here, should we lose we will have 5 months of our neighbours laughing at how they knocked us out and we should not have picked them!!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We would pick Leeds. SW has already talked about wanting revenge for the CC semi and they would be the lowest league position.

I wouldn't bank on us beating the Cats BTW.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Gizmo_Edwards

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

As stated earlier this is if all games go to form. That doesn't mean I take Catalans lightly.

I will be very surprised if we pick Leeds after what they did to Warrington last year.

There is an old adage that people do not mind you making mistakes as long as they are not the SAME ones.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wakefield
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
markill

Post by markill »

Gizmo_Edwards wrote:Only thing with this option, and im playing devils advocate here, should we lose we will have 5 months of our neighbours laughing at how they knocked us out and we should not have picked them!!!
yeah, but we'll get to laugh at them for losing another GF if they get past us!!

I would say we have to pick the lowest placed team and say that the reason we picked them is they were the lowest placed team - thats the best way to avoid any motivational nonsense that surrounds club call. I doubt Wane will just do this, he'll say something about wanting to get revenge or destroy them or whatever and do their team talk for them whoever we pick.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I say go for the derby match, our players have looked more fired than the Aints up in latter derby matches.
Catalans will be fired up,
IMO Pryce will be a big miss for them, but Henderson will be to watch.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Provided we get past Cats which I'm pretty sure we will :eusa14: :eusa14:, I'd just stick a pin in a paper as one off games, between closely contested sides are very often a lottery when a bad bounce, nutty ref decision, anything really can decide the outcome of a game.
weststandguy

Post by weststandguy »

If we do lose to Catalans,there is a problem.Latics are at home the following week.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears..and I've been to St Helens"-john Bishop