2013 Kit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
rdownes9

2013 Kit

Post by rdownes9 »

Anyone know when the new kits for 2013 will be released? Anyone heard what they will look like?

cheers
Susi

Re: 2013 Kit

Post by Susi »

probably mid to end november, no idea of what like though.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Susi wrote:probably mid to end november, no idea of what like though.
Why would anyone in their right mind want to buy one. We are following premiership football with their rip off attitude to new home and away shirts every season to swindle gullible fans every year. I remember when the club changed either the home or away shirts in alternative years and I thought that was a rip off even then.
Remember we have just moaned about the full prices charged for the play off games. Fight back, been an anarchist, dig out your old JJB shirts for heavens sake.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
markill

Post by markill »

You can call it a swindle or you can call it an essential stream of revenue for clubs in our sport. Say what you want about established Premier League football clubs, they operate under different rules.

RL clubs need to do whatever they can to maximise revenues. They aren't making you buy a kit every year. Just buy it if you like it. I didn't like any kits in 2011, I bought none, I didn't like them in 2009, I didn't buy one. Loved both this year, got both. You're only ripped off if you buy one every year.

I appreciate its harder for people with kids who always want the new kit. You still don't have to buy it though.

Here's another option, let a loved one buy them as a gift - its an easy gift for a parent / partner to get for you, they'll get you a gift anyway so they would be spending money anyway.

But ultimately its up to you.

I want to know what the new kit will look like. Who's heard any rumours?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

There's plenty of rumour about the new kit but no solid detail.

Someone on RLFans came up with a design which I thought was quite modern but still stayed in touch with traditional values too.

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php? ... 7&start=70

If I had to be picky the red is post box red not cherry.
markill

Post by markill »

100% Warrior wrote:There's plenty of rumour about the new kit but no solid detail.

Someone on RLFans came up with a design which I thought was quite modern but still stayed in touch with traditional values too.

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php? ... 7&start=70

If I had to be picky the red is post box red not cherry.
I think its just what was available on whatever kit design site he used?? But it's not awful. Next year is the modern/traditional year in the three year cycle so it would fit, it still sort of has hoops and would still be the traditional colours.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

markill - Haven't seen it. Hope there is non of that dreadful Rhinos Pink in it?
As an owd un - would love to see a return of the cherry and white hoops when it was sponsored by Norweb.
E.& O.E.
markill

Post by markill »

Ron Doran wrote:markill - Haven't seen it. Hope there is non of that dreadful Rhinos Pink in it?
As an owd un - would love to see a return of the cherry and white hoops when it was sponsored by Norweb.
Ron - If you follow that link 100% gave above there is a mock up design a fan that posts on another forum has knocked up. I don't know if it will bear any similarity to what we get.
I personally loved it in 2010 when we could get our shirt without a sponsor on - but I understand the importance of having a good sponsor.
I liked the one in the Norweb sponsorship era where there was a broken hoop or two - still basically hoops but not in the plainest sense. Something like that for 2013 would be accpetable if they insist on hoops with a twist in year 2 of cycle strategy.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

markill wrote:
Ron Doran wrote:markill - Haven't seen it. Hope there is non of that dreadful Rhinos Pink in it?
Ron - If you follow that link 100% gave above there is a mock up design a fan that posts on another forum has knocked up. I don't know if it will bear any similarity to what we get.
I personally loved it in 2010 when we could get our shirt without a sponsor on - but I understand the importance of having a good sponsor.
I liked the one in the Norweb sponsorship era where there was a broken hoop or two - still basically hoops but not in the plainest sense. Something like that for 2013 would be accpetable if they insist on hoops with a twist in year 2 of cycle strategy.
That mock up top does actualy look pretty good, much better than a lot we have had over the last few year.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Buy it
Don't buy it

Easy. And if kids moan let them, it'll be tough on them.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame