Bradford 30 - 31 Wigan: Your memories

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Bradford 30 - 31 Wigan: Your memories

Post by ancientnloyal »

Off season is fantastic.

I am doing a piece of recent history for some purpose, and would like to ask if any of you will share your moments from the comeback playoff game at bradford in 2007. Anything will do, detailed or not.

Who left at half time?
Who believed?
etc
etc
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Re: Bradford 30 - 31 Wigan: Your memories

Post by Kittwazzer »

I had it on Sky+ and knew the commentary verbatim at the end. Then my Sky box bust, as they do......
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

The best question ever from a ref to a video ref.

"check for everything"

What Ganson meant to say was, please find me a reason not to give this try.

Amazing night, I was on tv going mad when Hansen scored. Funny thing was i was getting texts of mates laughing at me for going, then the texts came about me being on tv, and finally all the text said, " wish I was there"

I had this game on sky+ and one day an engineer said I needed a new box as it was going off every other day, but I asked him to leave it a couple of hours so I could burn the match to DVD.
Dotnet

Post by Dotnet »

If anyone can supply me with a copy of this game on dvd I will pay, my copy seems to have vanished.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

http://www.wiganrugbypast.co.uk/bradford-2007
Hopefully some of your comments will feature in later drafts of it

Can see me here: @6.29 hands behind head in disbelief

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSukUorXLvI[/youtube]

Main memory for me was seeing Calderwood getting smaller running for his third try, I went mental with the wife (then fiancee) Oh good times! I couldn't watch the last minute, had to watch the big screen behind.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I was due to have major surgery on my spine a few months earlier & asked my consultant to wait until after the last game of the season (Saints at home) He thought it was because of holidays for I would be immobilised for several months.

I just didn't want to miss the rest of the season!!!

Am I glad I did & got to this play off game :) I was jumping up & down towards the end with every one else. My family were concerned about my back but I just said "sod it, it's called being fixed in two weeks"!

I also got to the "moustache play off" with my moustache firmly in place.

Unfortunately it couldn't be delayed any longer, I had my operation the day before the Leeds semi final game. But I was able to watch it on TV in my room with my Wigan shirt on over all the paraphernalia :lol:

What a great two games we all witnessed, sadly we slipped again at the final hurdle :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I remember watching this with my dad and i said to him as mark calderwood went over for his try to the silent crowd "well its not going to make a jot of difference they arent going to win now"

Then i remember it getting more and more nerve racking as we got closer and closer and when paddy dropped that goal running onto next doors front lawn (stains fan) with a fog horn and doing a dance
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

My memories are of the much maligned Calderwood actually getting the ball in the right place and showing what he could do if did rather than being expected to be a bullucking type of winger.

And one TB taking giving us a plan B.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

All down to the superb pass distribution off Millard, one of our best props in the first decade off the millenium second only to Newton
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

josie andrews wrote:I was due to have major surgery on my spine a few months earlier & asked my consultant to wait until after the last game of the season (Saints at home) He thought it was because of holidays for I would be immobilised for several months.

I just didn't want to miss the rest of the season!!!

Am I glad I did & got to this play off game :) I was jumping up & down towards the end with every one else. My family were concerned about my back but I just said "sod it, it's called being fixed in two weeks"!

I also got to the "moustache play off" with my moustache firmly in place.
Unfortunately it couldn't be delayed any longer, I had my operation the day before the Leeds semi final game. But I was able to watch it on TV in my room with my Wigan shirt on over all the paraphernalia :lol:

What a great two games we all witnessed, sadly we slipped again at the final hurdle :(

I saw you the other day Josie and was surprised to see you still had the moustache !!!! :wink:
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'