Tours

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Tours

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Does anyone know if you can purchase DW stadium tours for the warriors? Son and wife would love to do it but never seem to be able to get on an organised trip that has a tour. Do they have any way you can?
yoda warrior

Re: Tours

Post by yoda warrior »

They usually do a few around easter time. I went on one a few years ago. Details were just on the website i think.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Seeing that we are tenants of the DW, I suspect that any tours are run by the Stadium Company which like the Latic's is owned by Dave Whelan.
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

y
cumbria_warrior wrote:Does anyone know if you can purchase DW stadium tours for the warriors? Son and wife would love to do it but never seem to be able to get on an organised trip that has a tour. Do they have any way you can?

There are tours every match day,its a stadium tour and you even get to go in the dressing room after its been prepared for the game, these are run by the Community Foundation and are usually amateur clubs or other organisations, I'm not sure if they take individual bookings, try ringing Central Park and asking for any information from them.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I think you will find that Stadium Tours are run by the Stadium company. In other words Dave Whelan.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I can recall Wigan doing stadium tours about 3 / 4 years ago. Sam T was a guide. Nothing spectacular to be honest, ok for children, the best people were the kitmen.
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Whelley Warrior wrote:I think you will find that Stadium Tours are run by the Stadium company. In other words Dave Whelan.

Not the ones on Warrior match days, definitely Community Foundation.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I went one a few years ago, when Madge was in his first year, as part of an organised group. It was a Saints game & which ws played later in the day.

We were shown round by head kitman George Unsworth. We went everywhere. In the dressing rooms, out on the pitch, in the managers office. But the best part was in the home & away changing rooms. We saw each individual players diet sheets, told the routine on match days, got to take photos.
Phil Clarke, for some reason, came into the dressing room to see us. We got to see & talk to the kitman from Saints & did see some of their players wandering about.

Great day, reall enjoyed it & would recommend it to anyone :)

[IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg36 ... -001-1.jpg[/IMG]
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan