Andy Farrell Prints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Shaun1967

Andy Farrell Prints

Post by Shaun1967 »

Hi everyone,
I have managed to get hold of several copies of a limited edition print of Andy Farrell.
Only 500 of these have been issued. Each one is hand signed by Farrell, and comes with a Certifcate of Authenticity. The prints are in a high gloss finish and measure 340mm x 445mm.
I am selling these for £15 each and can arrange to meet you if you live in the Wigan area to save on postage. I will need to get a price for postage if you live outside the area.
These will make a great Christmas present.

[IMG]http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... -print.jpg[/IMG]
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Owd Codger

Re: Andy Farrell Prints

Post by Owd Codger »

Lost all respect for Andy Farrell when he sold his soul to RU and took his son with him instead of helping our game with coaching and in the case of his son, playing.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

A man’s responsibility is to his family first, in doing what he did he set himself and his son up financially for the future.
If there is anyone to blame it is the RFL for not having the foresight and ambition to get our game financially and publically up with RU……

to keep back on topic ...... It would make a great Christmas present.
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Farrell the player gave Wigan everything he could and more. Farrell the man/parent used to routinely make financial donations to Wigan School RL on the proviso it was not publicised.

Farrell the coach went where the jobs were available and his teenage son simply relocated with him to a non RL playing area and started playing Union.

What would people have said if Man U signed Owen as a goalkeeper after being sent there for trials by St John Fisher?

Good luck to both I say
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Lost all respect for Andy Farrell when he sold his soul to RU and took his son with him instead of helping our game with coaching and in the case of his son, playing.
Would you say the same for Sean Edwards? These players have given pleasure to thousands of Wigan people,and deserve our respect .

yes please back on topic.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I agree that he is in credit for his years of wonderful leadership - I do wonder from the club's perspective whether we made it too easy for him to go to the Dark Side, and have continued to make it too easy for him to poach Joel and court Sam. A bit quislingish for mine.
It's not an easy one and I am not making a moral judgement by any means, but I could see that his current paymasters would be very keen on him tapping up Wigan and general RL talent. It's one thing for someone to look into his family's wellbeing, it's another to become recruiter in chief for the enemy.
Edwards is a different case, as he applied for and could not get the only league job available to him - as he needed to be down south to be near his kid - and has not once (to my knowledge) attempted to poach any of our or our game's players.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Ref: where's the "poaching" come from?IIRC he wasnt head coach.He was employed by the RUC so sureley his allegence would be to them.

Has he not left to be Englands defence coach full time?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Like Exiled Warrior says, Edwards is a different case for the reasons he has stated and never took any potential good young player from our game like Farrell has done with his son and enticed others like Joel Tomkins.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

He's assistant coach to the British Lions now.
He's certainly got his feet under the RU table now.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

He's obviously a great coach.(of both codes)