Urghh referees, tjs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Urghh referees, tjs

Post by cpwigan »

Gifted Wire 6 points missing a blatant obstruction on Charnley fielding a bomb and seem to ping us more than Wire. Perhaps got a luck call in the second half for a try. However, when the game is so tight, the margins, the errors so crucial.
josie andrews

Re: Urghh referees, tjs

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Gifted Wire 6 points missing a blatant obstruction on Charnley fielding a bomb and seem to ping us more than Wire. Perhaps got a luck call in the second half for a try. However, when the game is so tight, the margins, the errors so crucial.
That really annoyed me when the touch judge who was almost level is also a first grade referee!!! :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caught the last few seconds of comments on Radio Manc when I got back to the car. They were all saying it was a penalty to Wigan but as usual for that shower they then made excuses for the ref that he might not have seen it etc. What about the bloody TJ and what about the video ref (mind you, could he have gone back that far? Not sure).
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do not think we can any more, used to be able to. One should have seen OR why does the video referee not alert the referee? Once the ball has been kicked, you are only looking at one thing.

Even better, late in the game, big bomb, Hodgson not going to get it, deliberately runs into / at Thornley. Wire penalty awarded.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote: Even better, late in the game, big bomb, Hodgson not going to get it, deliberately runs into / at Thornley. Wire penalty awarded.
We also got a penalty when Sam was hit almost identically to Charnley.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Bentham was terrible tonight. i bet he has trouble lying striaght in bed.
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

the simple point in all of this is that we want parity and consistency, if we are penalised for something then equally so should the opposition,if we get a team caution for persistent offside or holding down then equally so should they, did we get this tonight or for some time come to think ? NO
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Bentham had a decent game in the first half except for the bad mistake which led to the second try by Warrington. However, he showed his true usual colours in the second half with his blatant leaning towards the Wire. Did someone have a word with him at half time?
Wes

Post by Wes »

I think we are in for another long year in this department.
Wigan Warriors No 1 fan

Post by Wigan Warriors No 1 fan »

I honestly haven't seen a worse performance by a ref in quite some time.
Bring back the biff!!!!!