Gary Neville Visits Warriors Training

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Gary Neville Visits Warriors Training

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors had a very special guest at the Training Ground on Wednesday morning, former Manchester United and England defender Gary Neville was invited to meet and talk to the players and coaching staff.

The session was arranged by Rugby General Manager Kris Radlinski, Head Coach Shaun Wane told us;

"I liked him as a player, he's a winner, he's from a great culture, Manchester United and I like his commentating, he is very honest in his views. He understands what we are trying to do here, he was fantastic and we really enjoyed having him in. The players got alot out of it, it was a win win for everybody. He explained to us the culture at Man United of Alex Ferguson and all the boys said afterwards it is a similar model we try to follow here, it was a real lift for the Club his visit.

"Gary loves his Rugby League, we all know what he has done in his career, a real competitor, all our players asked questions and bought into it, he enjoyed it."

You can find out more about Gary Neville's visit to the Training Ground over the next few days on Wigan TV www.wiganwarriors.com/tv

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Re: Gary Neville Visits Warriors Training

Post by Owd Codger »

Roberto will not be a happy bunny!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Never liked him as a player, but he was obviously a very good player and he's surprised me just how good he is as a football pundit/analyst.

Much better than the dinosaurs he helped replace. Wonder if any other sports could follow suit...?
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Can understand why non Man Utd fans didn't like him, mainly in the same way non Wigan fans don't like Sam. He was an out and out competitor, great player with brains to spare.

I think Wigan can take it as a compliment that he's interested in sharing Wigan and Utd's ethos.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

slightly OT but was listening to 5Live earlier, it had a Bradford City supporters program on and they played a piece recorded by Brian Noble to the Bradford players on the day and it was very inspirational. I know, I know... but it made sense, I wonder if he sounded similar in the Wigan dressing room, before Millenium Magic in 2008.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Roberto will not be a happy bunny!
Why would Roberto Martinez care what Gary Neville does?

I like the idea of us having these motivational talks from time to time.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Gary Neville on Rugby League

Gary Neville has been speaking to Wigan TV about his team talk at Wigan Warriors.

He met players and coaching staff at the Training Ground this week. The special invite came from Rugby General Manager Kris Radlinski.

Head Coach Shaun Wane told us;

"Gary loves his Rugby League, we all know what he has done in his career, a real competitor, all our players asked questions and bought into it, he enjoyed it."

See a short clip from our interview with him here. The full interview with him will be made available to subscribers on www.wiganwarriors.com/tv

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan