Leigh Cup Details Confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Leigh Cup Details Confirmed

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors can confirm that their home Tetley's Challenge Cup 4th Round game against Leigh Centurions will take place at the DW Stadium on Friday 19th April 2013 with an 8pm kick off.

Tickets for the game will go on sale today from 12 mid-day at the DW Stadium Ticket Office and these can be purchased in person from the Ticket Office, by calling the Telephone Hotline on 0871 66 33 552 ( calls cost 10p per minute from a BT landline, other operators may vary) and online click here. 2013 Season Ticket holders will have until Thursday at 5pm to claim their existing seat before these are then released for General Sale from Friday morning at 9am.

2013 Season Ticket holders will be able to gain a £2 reduction on the prices listed below if they pre-purchase their seats in advance before Thursday 18th April at 5pm.

2013 Junior Season Ticket holders are entitled to a free ticket for this game on production of Voucher A from their 2013 Season Ticket booklet, this must however be exchanged in advance of the game before 5pm on Thursday evening.

The Ticket office will be open today until 5pm, will be open Saturday 9am-12pm and again from Monday at 9am-5pm to Thursday and until kick off on Friday.

Ticket Prices

West Stand £18 Adult/ £12 Concession
East Stand £18 Adult/ £12 Concession

South Stand £16 Adult/ £10 Concession
North Stand (Away) £16 Adult/£10 Concession

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Leigh Cup Details Confirmed

Post by josie andrews »

Apparently, Leigh has had a lot of input for the prices!!

Seems like they want to make a killing at our expense :angry:

PS will still be going :exc:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
markill

Post by markill »

josie andrews wrote:Apparently, Leigh has had a lot of input for the prices!!

Seems like they want to make a killing at our expense :angry:

PS will still be going :exc:
With those prices I'd worry that many others won't be going though Josie. I would have gone, but I'll be in York that night in the middle of cycling across the country so I can't get to it.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Then they wonder why supporters don't attend the early rounds when you can buy a ticket to the final for the same price or less.

Gone are the days when we attended every CC final whichever team was playing. Now we will only attend when Wigan are thru to the final.

The last game we attended as neutrals, was the first game at the new Wembley stadium, Saints v Catalan.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You can understand Leigh though. The gate receipts from this one tie can make a huge difference to them for this season and the next.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:You can understand Leigh though. The gate receipts from this one tie can make a huge difference to them for this season and the next.
Yes, I understand that as they have been in dire need of funds these last few years.

It doesn't actually encourage fans to attend these early rounds when the ticket prices are similar or less to attend the final.

It doesn't stop me attending any games Wigan are involved in tho' :)
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

What has gone on this week in regard to the staging of this game has been pathetic.

I ask you, how long does it take to agreed a date and admission prices with a club in the same area?
Maverickpils

Post by Maverickpils »

Why are tickets not released to the general public on the website. Surely they could release some to us non season ticket holders now, even if they keep the season ticket holders seats reserved until Thursday. I'd be amazed if the stadium was going to be a sell out so no need to reserve the whole stadium!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I think you will find that the deadline of Thursday only applies to members claiming their own seats and tickets are available to non members now.

Is that right, Josie?
Maverickpils

Post by Maverickpils »

Online they're still restricted to season ticket holders, which seems wrong. Perhaps there is a glitch in the system. I'll have to try to remember to call tomorrow at work!