Who are u all blaming now.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Who are u all blaming now.

Post by thegimble »

Over the last few weeks ive seen countless posts here slating Danny Orr. Hes out and the defencive tackling was at times a joke. Yes we got the man but never drove them back. Our kicking game was non a joke.

Maybe he does not create as much going forward at least he will get a prop down.

If Orr played as bad as Brown did today youd all be slating him by now.

The pack was a joke no one was running on to the ball. Sculthorpe do you realise that they know your going to off load you do not do that on their try line as they have numbers there.

This side needs gutting and changed or well end up in a relegation fight were lucky that were not in thre now.

Widnes had a chance to seal last weeks match. Something drastic needs to change or well end up eventually in the second tier of Rugby in the next 2-3 seasons.

Or is this as i see it part of MO plan to bring in Chris Anderson ASAP. Some might know that he coaches in the Celtic League and is out of a job next season as they can not afford to pay him. Hes done an exceptional job there. Call me paranoid but MO lets the Faz saga roll on distrupes everyone at the club were told of a deadline and then it still goes on. Results are poor and performances are the worse in the last 20 years.

Next week is the biggest match since the CC final lose that and Betts is gone. Its time for all the well paid players to stand up, if they fail again then its not just Betts who will be gone.

I feel sorry for Dennis hes been treated shockingly by the club.

This is the heading from the Timesonline which Mike put on here.

Rugby

March 12, 2005

Farrell's move remains fraught with difficulties
By David Hands

DW have you got the balls to back your words up or are u just a coward. Tell them to sod off or are u going back on your word.

GazzL82

Re: Who are u all blaming now.

Post by GazzL82 »

think we need to get back to basics tackling wise. everytime london made a tackle it as always low down and around the legs with someone else coming in to support and wrap up the ball whereas we seemed to have everyone going far too high which is never going to cut it against any team.

not sure about MO bringing in Chris Anderson although it's obvious they're close. IF dennis does go i could see andrew farrar taking over. must say at this point that i like dennis and i do believe he's done a good job bringing on the younger players but even he would be forced to admit that the team so far this year is not up to the wigan standard
thegimble

Re: Who are u all blaming ...

Post by thegimble »

GazzL82 posted:
think we need to get back to basics tackling wise. everytime london made a tackle it as always low down and around the legs with someone else coming in to support and wrap up the ball whereas we seemed to have everyone going far too high which is never going to cut it against any team.

not sure about MO bringing in Chris Anderson although it's obvious they're close. IF dennis does go i could see andrew farrar taking over. must say at this point that i like dennis and i do believe he's done a good job bringing on the younger players but even he would be forced to admit that the team so far this year is not up to the wigan standard
Yes i agree re: Betts but if results do not improve i can see both going as Farrar must accept the blame as well.

Anderson seems the logical choice as he has a track record on par with the best.
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

still to angry to post..properly, but if i was dennis betts & the staff i would have every player in at 7.30 am tomorrow for 2 hours of tackling.. and maybe an hour of kicking...
everything wigan do well, tackiling kick & chase, was not there tonight.. got done over good & proper..

no excuses.. the blame is squarely on the players shoulders... for tonight.. u have to look at what we are doing different regarding practices.. cos we looked dreadful, dreadful.. :(
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

wolftown warrior posted:
still to angry to post..properly, but if i was dennis betts & the staff i would have every player in at 7.30 am tomorrow for 2 hours of tackling.. and maybe an hour of kicking...
everything wigan do well, tackiling kick & chase, was not there tonight.. got done over good & proper..

no excuses.. the blame is squarely on the players shoulders... for tonight.. u have to look at what we are doing different regarding practices.. cos we looked dreadful, dreadful.. :(
The players are always at fault when things go wrong but an experienced coach would be able to put something forward during the half time break. Tough on Betts because he is stll feeling his way but is it our responsibility to give him his apprenticeship?
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

The players must take some of the blame, the coaches also but lets face up to the fact the players and coaches just aren’t good enough. We haven’t recruited a world class player for years and we are going down hill fast, all you “well there only young, they try there best, too many injuries. The refs was rubbish, well there were positives� really need to take them rose coloured specs off and realise the players and coaches are doing there best but for Wigan it’s just not good enough and it isn’t going to get better soon.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I don't think it takes a genius to work out that presently the team are not producing performances expected by the supporters from a Wigan team.

I can take losing if we give it our best shot and were just beaten by the better team but last nights performance was the worst I've seen from a Wigan team in some time.

Even when we scored first you just couldn't imagine us winning the match as London had so much possession of the ball especially first half. For long periods of the match we were stuck in our own half.

I've read on Teletext that Betts is not happy with the discipline of the young players in giving penalties away ... I'm sorry Dennis but I think you need to have a word with a few of the older heads in the team not the kids !!

Also, why was Tomkins named on the bench if I'm not mistaken he wasn't used. Decisions like that have to lie at the feet of the coach, to name a player and not use him is very puzzling.

I think some serious soul searching needs to be done before we hit the park again on Friday against Leigh.

Also, this Farrell situation needs to be dealt with NOW ! it's dragged on far too long and no matter what anyone says it is having some effect on the season as the club doesn't know whether to plan for a future with or without Faz.

I know many people say you have to have to back the team and I do but I do think that a supporter also has a right to say that performances are not good enough ... and at present it's plainly obvious that we aren't good enough.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: I am still blaming the same person, Betts must go, MO should go as well, as I keep saying (and will be proved right this week) 'We need a coach' but who is going to accept this task, the players this year are definately sus-standard, Farrell has to take some of the blame as well, for the way he has handled his transfer to RU.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

SO you'd like to get rid of our coaching staff and chairman? Anyone else? Maybe they could take the players with them as well and just leave us with the pitch!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: I am still blaming the same person, Betts must go, MO should go as well, as I keep saying (and will be proved right this week) 'We need a coach' but who is going to accept this task, the players this year are definately sus-standard, Farrell has to take some of the blame as well, for the way he has handled his transfer to RU.
NOT ONE PERSON ON HERE HAS PICKED ON ANY ONE PLAYER PLAYING POORLY YESTERDAY YET AFTER THE LOSE TO WAKEFIELD ORR GOT SOME STICK FROM A LOT OF US.

THIS IS THE POINT OF THIS POST REALLY WE PICK ON 1 PLAYER MOST OF THE TIME WHEN WE LOSE NEVER MIND THAT THAT GUYS TACKLING IS THE BEST FOR HIS POSITION MOST PROPABLY IN THE GAME.

BROWN MIGHT BE BETTER GOING FORWARD BUT ITS DEFENCIVLY WE ARE WEAK. ESPECIALLY WHEN ORR IS NOT THERE.

BUT YET A LOT NOW VENT THERE ANGER AT BETTS, IN SOME WAYS RIGHTFULLY BUT THE REAL POOR PLAYERS THIS YEAR SO FAR ARE:

TICKLE NEVER BEATS THE FIRST MAN
SCULTHORPE OFF LOADS IN STUPID AREAS AND ATTITUDE SUCKS AT THE MOMENT MORE INTERESTED IN ARGUING
ASPINWALL NOT GOOD ENOUGH AT WING MAYBE NOT IS FAULT.
VAELIKI DISSAPOINTING BUT I ACCEPT HE NEEDS TIME.
MORAN THE SAME AS ABOVE. bUT DOES SHOW SIGINS OF FORM AT TIMES

MOST OF THE OTHERS ARE AVERAGE AT BES
APART FROM

NEWTON, RADLINSKI, DALLAS AND AMAZINGLY GUISSETT YES A UNION PLAYER WHO LEFT WARRIGTON IS OUR BEST FRWARD HOW ASHAMED SHOULD THE REST OF THE FORWARDS FEEL. AND I MUST SAY GODWIN IS A GOOD BUY. O'LOUGHLIN HAS BEEN OK BUT NEEDS SUPPORT FROM THE REST OF THE FORWARDS.

I SAID IN A PREVIOUS POST THAT THE TEAM NEEDS GUTTING NEW BLOOD AND SIZE IN THE PACK IS A MUST WE DO NOT NEED BALL PLAYERS WE NEED A TOOKEY OR ESPECIALL MORLEY AND ANOTHER DEPENDABLE PROP.

IF AS I SAID ON MANY OCCASIONS ANDERSON COMES IN AS COACH THEN THE WHOLE TEAM WILL BE PLAYING FOR THEIR FUTURES AT THE CLUB APART FROM THE FEW GOOD PLAYERS I MENTIONED UP ABOVE, HOCK SHOULD ALSO BE ADDED IN THE GOOD PLAYERS MOAN IM HAVING TODAY.