Scott Taylor D/C at Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cook123

Re: Scott Taylor D/C at Leigh

Post by cook123 »

What is the value of him going to Leigh on dual reg?
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

cook123 wrote:What is the value of him going to Leigh on dual reg?
IMO there is none. He has come on really well this year when playing for the first team, he is only going to get better. A fantastic prospect. Hopefully a Warriors player for a few years to come.
TSB

Post by TSB »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:
cook123 wrote:What is the value of him going to Leigh on dual reg?
IMO there is none. He has come on really well this year when playing for the first team, he is only going to get better. A fantastic prospect. Hopefully a Warriors player for a few years to come.
IMO surely it is better than not playing. The coaches can only play 17. Keep em match fit that's what we need.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Championship RL is better than Reserve RL and all are better than getting splinters sat on a bench. Big men need regular RL to keep themselves fit.

Personally, I want to see the regular SL season used to give younger players opportunities and elder ones penty of rest prior to the SF / Final of the CC and the SL play offs.

A young player gains far more from a game of SL than an established one. However, failing that the Championship is the next best option.

Personally, I think Taylor is a fantastic prospect and want to see him in the first team sooner than later. One ? is, are the likes of Tuson returning from injury not better out on D/C ?
cook123

Post by cook123 »

I understand that and can appreciate that he needs to play regular football - but surely this is a big step down as he has only ever really played super league has he not? Last year he was at hull kr this year he has played a handful of games for Wigan and then gone to leigh for a period of time. I know some rules have changed re d/c and loan but can he not be loaned to a super league club rather than championship?
markill

Post by markill »

cook123 wrote:I understand that and can appreciate that he needs to play regular football - but surely this is a big step down as he has only ever really played super league has he not? Last year he was at hull kr this year he has played a handful of games for Wigan and then gone to leigh for a period of time. I know some rules have changed re d/c and loan but can he not be loaned to a super league club rather than championship?
If we loan him to an SL club we can't pick and choose how many games he plays / which games he plays / when he plays in our first team. Sending him to Leigh every now and then if we want other players to play in our first team is a better option than having him out on loan for a month then Mossop or whoever getting injured for a month and us not being able to use Taylor in our own team.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod