Spider Cam

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

Spider Cam

Post by ddtftf »

What was that all about, it totally spoiled the viewing showing previous plays when the game is live and I am missing the play. It was to far away from the play and in the end I started to feel sick, as for as I am concerned they can take the Spider Cam and send it in the next rocket to the moon. Ps do you get the feeling that Stevo and Eddie are slightly prejudiced against Wigan.
platt-warrior

Re: Spider Cam

Post by platt-warrior »

ddtftf wrote:What was that all about, it totally spoiled the viewing showing previous plays when the game is live and I am missing the play. It was to far away from the play and in the end I started to feel sick, as for as I am concerned they can take the Spider Cam and send it in the next rocket to the moon. Ps do you get the feeling that Stevo and Eddie are slightly prejudiced against Wigan.
For the first time i actually turned the sound off and listened to the commentary on Wish fm.
I know i'm a WW supporter but the anti Wigan comments by the SKY dicks was beyound belief.They just did not want WW to win,when the 2nd half Leeds try was ruled out i thought EH was having a heart attack.
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

ddtftf wrote:What was that all about, it totally spoiled the viewing showing previous plays when the game is live and I am missing the play. It was to far away from the play and in the end I started to feel sick, as for as I am concerned they can take the Spider Cam and send it in the next rocket to the moon. Ps do you get the feeling that Stevo and Eddie are slightly prejudiced against Wigan.
Completely agree and hope that they don't bring that in full time.
On your second point, not so much Stevo ( I happen to like the fella and respect his views/opinions), but for a long time I've felt that Eddie has had it in for Wigan. His snide, prejudiced remarks irritate me.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Sir Kevin Sinfield for MOS this year... then he kicks for a Charnley try... poor poor Sir Kev
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ddtftf wrote:What was that all about, it totally spoiled the viewing showing previous plays when the game is live and I am missing the play.
I know which bit you mean and it was down to Brian Carney querying what happened. Totally threw us all!
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

spider cam rubbish,it is just a talking shop trying to see who can call WW the most and most of them have made a living out of WW in the past
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I liked it and as the weekend went on the operators got better at providing the 'right' footage. They'd never done RL before and covering football is a different sweep altogether.

I think it provided a nice angled attacking view and showed much more clearly how loose ruck control generates holes and gaps.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

platt-warrior wrote:
For the first time i actually turned the sound off and listened to the commentary on Wish fm.
I know i'm a WW supporter but the anti Wigan comments by the SKY dicks was beyound belief.They just did not want WW to win,when the 2nd half Leeds try was ruled out i thought EH was having a heart attack.
I always turn the sound off the tv & listen to it on the radio if for some reason I can't attend a game. Yesterday listened to radio Manchester, they too were a bit anti Wigan, mind you one of the summarisers was Paul Rowley, coach of Leigh!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Spider cam was tommy tank, really liked the way Stuart Cummings put Wiggy and Stevo in their places a few times, Stevo didn';t like it and at one point i thought he was gonna see his arse :lol:
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

The spidercam could have been good if used sparingly and if the operator understood the game.

Instead at times it felt like we were watching from another town, and the director shouldn't have gone to that camera as often, especially on the 5th tackle which meant we had no idea what was actually going on.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.